school holidays in the US

jovada

I just noticed on this graphic from The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2004 by Bob Sehlinger that the US don't seem to have a holiday around the end of October.
Here in Belgium schools were closed from 1-5 November. Next year it'll be between 31 October and 4 November.

So would this be a good time to visit WDW? Or is this also a holiday in the US?

When I simulate a booking for October and one for August, the rate for August is the lowest! I thought Oct-Nov would be low/cheap season?

maelstrom

Well, October 31st is Halloween, so with MNSSHP going on, the MK might be crowded around then. School holidays or not, kids (and lots of them!) go to Disney World all year round.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Although some schools take a fall break, it is less common than a spring break, which for some districts is around Easter, and in others, like ours, is a set date (the week in which St. Patrick's Day, March 17 falls).

New Jersey schools have a break around the beginning of November for a teacher convention or something.

My district had conferences and teacher workshops, so we had a 5-day weekend at the end of September.

Long story short, there will be kids out of school here and there, but it will be nothing like spring break or Christmas time.

Like maelstrom said, Halloween night will be very busy at MK--that MNSSHP is always the first to sell out. But if you dont' have tickets to the party, you won't be there anyway.

I would definitely go at this time of year.

Upvote 0

jovada

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help so far...

Just one more question: What would you all do? Make a reservation for the last week of August (maybe some more high season advantages?) or during this Belgian autumn holiday?

But I still don't understand why both the flights out of Belgium and hotel rates in WDW are higher or the same in October... :confused:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I looks like Disney has shortened the Value season for 2005--at least for the value and moderate resorts.

Here is a link to resort seasons for 2005.

In 2004 value season for value and moderates is
Jan 1 -- Feb 11
Aug 29 -- Sept 29
Oct 31 -- Dec 19

In 2005, value season for value and moderate resorts was
Jan 1 -- Feb 16 (peak Feb 17-April 16; Regular April 17-Aug 27)
Aug 28 -- Oct 4 (regular season Oct 5-Nov 26)
Nov 27 -- Dec 19

The months of October and November are regular season in 2005.

Deluxe resorts begin value season on July 5 - Oct 4 with regular season Oct 5 - Nov 26.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I didn't realise that the Disney "seasons" varied between the different categories of resorts. :hammer:
jovade - I'd go during your national Autumn break

Upvote 0

jovada

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
I'd go during your national Autumn break
It's just that I'm terrified of the Halloween crowds. I have an AP of Disneyland Paris so I know how the crowds are over there. It's usually pretty calm (the results from the fiscal year were published today: 12.4 million visitors for 2 theme parks: same number as last year), but Halloween is a complete gridlock. So I guess this has got to be even worse in WDW...

And thanks for the mousesavers.com link!

Upvote 0

jovada

Original Poster
Yellow Shoes said:
I looks like Disney has shortened the Value season for 2005--at least for the value and moderate resorts.
Hmm, planning a trip to WDW is indeed pretty hard.
The deluxe resorts are cheaper in August than in October/November! August is even in the value season!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Another reason for the prices being a little higher is that the Food and Wine festival @ Epcot has become extremely popular. This alone has made October - early November a busy time for WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom