scavenger hunts?

disneymomof3

Original Poster
has anyone done a scaven. hunt with their kids before their trip?

i was wondering if anyone can help me out with ideas? and also how far in advance would you do it, i have a little over 200 days to go till our trip, so do you advise i do this very close to the trip? etc.
thanks for any input you can give me :wave:

TheJonesys

Scavenger hunts

That sounds a great idea, I booked our trip last year and was too excited not to tell my children

When I've done them with my kids, I've put clues all over the house and garden and in each place they find a letter which they then piece together to say Disneyworld or whatever. Another thing you could do is a puzzle of Cinderella Castle and they have to find all the pieces and make up the puzzle.

The first year my niece and nephew went I made up a scavenger hunt for them to do at the airport so the wait didn't seem so long.

I hope they have fun finding out and you have a good trip:wave:

DizneyPryncess

I think it's always a cute idea to end the scavenger hunt with some kind of treasure. If you haven't told your kids about the trip yet, then end it with something that lets them know they're going to Disney World. If they do know about it, I think it's nice to surprise them with Disney Dollars at the end. Then they can use it as their own money to spend in Disney (this depends on the age of your children.) It's really fun for little kids!

I wouldn't do it too far away from the trip, it would get them really excited for something that wasn't happening for a while. I wouldn't do it too close either, because you'll be under enough stress packing & getting everything done at home before you leave. Maybe a few weeks beforehand?

Have fun! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom