News Scaffolding up at Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

spresso81

Been mentioned in other threads, but think we should have a separate thread for this one.

Happy to see some love going to SM for the 50th. I hope the ride looks as good as possible if the end is really near. I cannot wait to get possibly my last ride on SM in November.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Been mentioned in other threads, but think we should have a separate thread for this one.

Make it look nice on the outside, but just hope no one goes inside to see the hot mess of neglect that Splash has become.

I mean it is downright embarrassing how bad the quality of show is inside.

Honestly if they want it to look pretty for the 50th, just fix up the outside and close it down inside until it gets re-themed to whatever new IP garbage they want stick in there.

But I guess not to worry, it's down for technical issues so much these days that you won't even be able to ride it anyway.

TrainsOfDisney

Make it look nice on the outside, but just hope no one goes inside to see the hot mess of neglect that Splash has become.

I mean it is downright embarrassing how bad the quality of show is inside.

Honestly if they want it to look pretty for the 50th, just fix up the outside and close it down inside until it gets re-themed to whatever new IP garbage they want stick in there.

But I guess not to worry, it's down for technical issues so much these days that you won't even be able to ride it anyway.
See.. we painted everything for the 50th. We care. We spend money. Look at the shiny paint!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Confused, so they shouldn't re-paint areas that need it? I know its sarcasm, but I mean if it needs painted, they should paint it. We can all agree on that right?

New paint is good, yes. Bad maintenance is bad.
It's idea of doing superficial things and the bare minimum. I mean they repainted Space Mountain two years ago, and already its looks like crap again because they are not bothering to pressure wash it. This isn't anything new for Disney.

Look we know that Splash is on borrowed time, and the show quality insides proves it. This is about limping though the next 18 months before they redo it. Because the next extended closure is going to be its retheme.

Parker in NYC

It's idea of doing superficial things and the bare minimum. I mean they repainted Space Mountain two years ago, and already its looks like crap again because they are not bothering to pressure wash it. This isn't anything new for Disney.

Look we know that Splash is on borrowed time, and the show quality insides proves it. This is about limping though the next 18 months before they redo it. Because the next extended closure is going to be its retheme.
The show quality has been horrific for years. On average, of course.

celluloid

That means nothing at WDW. HM from 2008-2011 proves that as well as just about every other park having multiple attractions either not operational or with bad show elements that would be deplorable if people knew or budgeted how it was supposed to look.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's interesting that some many things suddenly need to be repainted for the 50th, almost like they put off doing it until they had a good reason.
Fair enough, and I'm not trying to give Disney a pass on poor maintenance, because that is 100% true these days. I do think if I am running the 50th celebration (I promoted myself to VP, Operations btw :joyfull: ), I would want everything to look as fresh as possible and would probably opt to paint/refresh as close to 10/1 as I could but I'd also take care of things that are poor show first.

celluloid

Fair enough, and I'm not trying to give Disney a pass on poor maintenance, because that is 100% true these days. I do think if I am running the 50th celebration (I promoted myself to VP, Operations btw :joyfull: ), I would want everything to look as fresh as possible and would probably opt to paint/refresh as close to 10/1 as I could but I'd also take care of things that are poor show first.

I also would hope you would at least have the RR operating by then too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom