Save Lots Of Money-using A.a.a.

tigger-wdw

Original Poster
HELLO
you want to save money like i do every year when you visit disney ?
jion A.A.A. I found out if you pay just for the hotel like all star movies,sports or new CENTURY POP HOTEL and ask for the AAA RATE ITS CHEAPER then buying by the package for instance

dreammaker package 5 nights unlimited pass all parks at any all star hotels or CENTURY POP HOTEL COST IS $589 -617 A PERSON THIS INCLUDES TAXES AND EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND INCLUDES PASSES TO THE PARK AND A FLEX FEATURE WHICH IS 1-DISNEY SHIRT,2-2 LEGANCEY TILES, OR $25 GIFT CARD TO PLANET HOLLYWOOD =THE WHOLE PACKAGE WITH OUT AIR IS ABOUT $1200
A COUPLE.

LOL..SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

IF you ask your travel agent he will try to convince you to buy a package 1 reason why is they make about $200 commission on ther sale and this is a true fact i saw last year my travel agent went get some information for me and i lean over on the fron of my folder said $ 200 towrds A.A.A

A.A.A. is helpful so i asked if i book a 5 night stay just the hotel only cost $105. a night which equalls $555 for 5 days.
A.A.A SELLS 4,5,6 hopper passes for $212-250 depending on the stay lets
say u stay 5 days its $224 and they dont ever expire disneys real good on keeping the customers happy so if you add $550 plus $448 for 2 people your package only costs $998 a savings of $202 :)

wow...$200 dollars doesnt sound like alot but when you have a mortgage like me and tight budget thats aleast 2-3 days of disney food

check this out with A.A.A.

ALSO ME AND THE WIFE USE TO FLY EVERY YEAR..LOL
not no more we drive saves money too comming from maryland it takes 14 hours spend 10 hours one day stop for food and gas costs about $200-$300 depending on the hotel but food ,get up next morning drive 4 hours in disney by noon have the whole day plus u have your car for extra transportation
flying gets u ther quicker but still costs $200-250 round trip plus tranfers from the airport to your hotel about $25-$30.

A.A.A.-HAS SEA WORLD TICKETS, UNVERSAL TICKETS CHEAP

WELL I HOPE I SAVE SOMEONE SOME MONEY EVER SINCE I FOUND OUT THIS SECRET I USE IT EVERY TIME WE GO
DONT FORGET THE A.A.A TRAVEL AGENT WILL TRY TO CONVINCE YOU THIS NOT THE WAY TO GO FIRST REASON THEY DONT MAKE ALOT OF COMMISSION OFF YOU!

TIGGER-WDW

Goofy36

You should check out specials that Disney puts out. We used the latest one for October and saved almost $40/night at the POR! I originally booked using AAA but only saved about 10%.

tigger-wdw

Original Poster
Save At Aaa And Disney !

HI AGAIN
YES DISNEY HAS SPECIALS TOO BUT LOT S OF TIME WHEN HURICANNE SEASON IS HERE BUT ALSO LATE SPRING THEY HAVE PAY FOR 5 NIGHTS GET 2 NIGHTS FREE TOTAL PACKAGE 7 NIGHTS PRICE OF 5 -A.A.A HAS THE RATES ALL YR LONG,CHECK YOUR LOCAL PAPER IN THE TRAVEL COLUM TOO
HOPE THIS HELPS
TIGER-WDW

LadyDarling

I'm really glad AAA worked out for you! I've actually had better luck just paying rack paackage price during Value Season (In December of 2001 my DH and I honeymooned at the Carribbean beach for 9 days for just under $1000.00 per person w/o air), but, to each his/her own!

I'm gald driving is an option for you! :) Lucky dog! Since I'm in Southeren California, I'd have to take an extra week off just to get through Texas I think! LOL

But on the upside - I can drive to Disneyland and back round trip in just under 3 hours. :)

missypie

I made my resort reservations a couple of weeks ago for May 26-June 5, 2005, splitting my stay between YC and CR Tower. I was able to get AAA rates for the CR, but not for the YC. The CMs keep saying that they aren't out yet ("Try back in December") but I think in reality, they're already gone for that time. I'll keep calling, hoping for a cancellation. (And then an AP rate later on.) But just with the AAA discount on CR, it saved me $211. I was also able to get an AAA discount on AKL for next Thanksgiving week.

celticdog

Not to rain on your parade, but, the 5+2 Dreamaker package was around $620 for a moderate resort and that includes UMP and one special feature (i.e. poster, golf or a Leagacy Tile). This package was for 7 days, not 5 like AAA's.

Also by checking at the Disney store one can usually purchase a 5 Day Plus Hopper Pass for about $216.

I have also had better luck using rack rates, Disney promos and Visa card specials.

AAA deals are not as nearly attractive as they might seem.

luvorlando

Not WDW, but show your AAA card at Universal's gift shops and most restaurants for a 10% discount. The list of places where it doesn't apply is VERY small.

Universal's AP's get you 20% off.

DisneyPhD

Being DVC members, booking normal rooms has become a thing of the past (except for special occasions or weekends!) We never went through a travel agent, part of the fun was finding the best deal.

Check out www.mousesavers.com they list codes that Disney puts out that can save your up to 40% off. They are only good for certain times, normally just a few months before the time you go. The 1st time we used one was Dec 2001. I wish we had known about them sooner. It might of saved us thousands.

And there is always AP rates, but they are close to the codes. Now Disney Visa has some codes too.

momhurtz

I also recommend registering at the WDW website. I had booked our November vacation through AAA in July, but had also registered at the official WDW website. In September I received an e-mail with an offer of rooms at the moderate resorts for $79. I had already booked 2 rooms through AAA (saving about $250 for 4 nights compared to booking the vacation through the Disney Web site), but when I called Disney they told me I could get the same rate through AAA by giving them the PIN # they had put in the e-mail. That saved me another $200. I read somewhere that they periodically send out these e-mails and you can't predict when they will come, but it can't hurt to try.

Can't wait to go to WDW! 69 days and counting!

JackSkellington

Alos AAA gives you a great parking pass (Diamond Pass) if you ask for it. The parking is RIGHT NEXT to the handicapped parking. Doesnt get better than that.

jojoyner55

If you plan on being at WDW for at least 8 days in a calendar year, the way to go is an Annual Pass! I stayed at the Pop Century for $49 a night in September, and have POR booked for $79 a night in February. I don't think you can beat that anywhere! :wave:

dolbyman

Hi there

is there any good discount price for 4x 5 Day Park Hopper Plus right now .. (for europe or including europe) I need them until march ..any good advice for me ? :p

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Not all travel agents try to sell you a package when you book a Disney vacation. I for one am not one of them. I always ask my clients if they have AAA so that I can get them a disount if Disney does not have one out at the time of the booking. I agree with Celtic Dog, when Disney puts out their discounts they are a lot cheaper than the AAA rates. I usually end up switching my clients over to the Disney rate when they come out.

I always book using any discounts that I can find for my clients. Whether it's an AP rate, Disney discounted room or package, Disney VISA specials or AAA. I also sell discounted park hopper tickets along with discounted Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens and many other Orlando attraction tickets.

Pam

Woody13

I agree with Pam. In my expereince, travel agents are very sensitive and responsive to their clients wishes. After all, travel agents want as much repeat business as possible and they get that repeat business by pleasing their clients. It's important for any WDW guest to look at all the options available to them before they make their reservations or buy their tickets. AAA offers good discounts, and as Pam pointed out, they are not always the best.

Pam has the advantage in that she books these trips for a living so she knows all the ins and outs that less expereinced guests might overlook. My suggestion is that even if you book your own trip, it can't hurt to contact Pam and see if she can get you a better deal. She just might know about a deal or a discount of which you might not be aware.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom