Saturday at Earl

starwarsfan2

Original Poster
Went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch Saturday. What a mess. After you have placed your order, tons of people crammed in by the pickup area either getting a drink or waiting to pick up their food. I mean shoulder to shoulder, and the folks at the tables eating without masks on while crowds all around them. No way I would eat in that restaurant right now.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well right now they are giving out free sandwiches so there's that...

And are they required to limit capacity anymore?

Its a very popular quick, cheap, and imo good restaurant that has always been crowded and chaotic...

Archie123

Went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch Saturday. What a mess. After you have placed your order, tons of people crammed in by the pickup area either getting a drink or waiting to pick up their food. I mean shoulder to shoulder, and the folks at the tables eating without masks on while crowds all around them. No way I would eat in that restaurant right now.

Disney has kind of already given up worrying about Covid safety protocols.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I will agree that even in the parks, their quick service seating was something you had to assess yourself. Some tables are ok but you had to look for them, plenty were too close.

I'm pretty sure they are no longer required to have a cap on seating.
I would recommend that people who are concerned that Disney is no longer being strict enough to avoid going until the vaccine is widespread.
I know I'll be waiting because I rather be on the safe side for my parents and my region.

Club Cooloholic

I'm pretty sure they are no longer required to have a cap on seating.
I would recommend that people who are concerned that Disney is no longer being strict enough to avoid going until the vaccine is widespread.
I know I'll be waiting because I rather be on the safe side for my parents and my region.
This is where I differ. Things don't have to be all or nothing, as long as rules and distancing are in place.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This is where I differ. Things don't have to be all or nothing, as long as rules and distancing are in place.

But we've known since the beginning Florida is very relaxed about this. I'm surprised how strict Disney actually started out and I can see why they have become more relaxed over the months. I don't exactly agree but rather understand why which is why I'm staying away for the moment.

Zé_Carioca

Disney Springs is also a different beast since it is not solely up to Disney, the third parties vary their operations and safety procedures. I still feel like Disney itself is trying to uphold higher safety standards.

JIMINYCR

Well I anticipated that by having so many relying on mobile ordering, especially with the numbers climbing,zA that there would be an issue with people waiting for their orders causing that kind of a problem. Theres been a lot of reports of similar situations occurring everywhere (as well as cold food being put out). When it comes to getting your food order... no ones thinking about anything but filling that stomach.

LittleMerman

The parks and Springs are not always socially distanced, it's just inevitable. It's annoying but there are thousands of people trying to walk and dodge each other and line up and wait, etc. And of course you take your mask off to eat even though there are lots of \ people around you. I went a few weeks ago and it didn't feel as distanced as I thought - there are clueless people out there who are still rude and disrespectful.

I will say however Disney felt more respectful than other places. I went to Busch Gardens Tampa and there were lots of people who just didn't care - weren't wearing masks in line and weren't distancing even though there were markers on the ground. And none of the employees were enforcing anything.

But overall, going to a theme park during a pandemic is a choice but there are still a ton of people there so it's a higher risk than not going.

Buck Wheelie

Whenever we've been in Earl of Sandwich its always been a mess in the pick up area. Its one of the best priced restaurants in Disney so its very busy. Its usually hard to even find a table around there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom