Saratoga Springs

rjwalter

I'm heading down to WDW in January and was wondering if any has ever stayed at SS and used the pull out bed. If so were they comfortable or would you not reccomend having someone sleep on it if they didn't have to. Thanks! I appreciate any input.

robynchic

rjwalter said:
I'm heading down to WDW in January and was wondering if any has ever stayed at SS and used the pull out bed. If so were they comfortable or would you not reccomend having someone sleep on it if they didn't have to. Thanks! I appreciate any input.

I crashed at my parents when they came to visit me this past summer and they stayed at Saratoga Springs. And yes, I crashed on the pull-out couch. (Personally, I found use of the free washers and dryers, when I had 1 1/2 weeks worth of clothes piling up, to be the best benefit. Typical college student, right? When parents come to visit, or you go home, you take advantage of free laundry facilities!)

The couch isn't horrifically uncomfortable, but it's about what you'd expect for a pull-out bed. Because the furniture is newer, the cushion may also be less used. Just make sure that you have more than 1 extra pillow, and be absolutely positive that you have the sheets and blankets before you're about to crash for the night. My parents didn't- I was lucky that I brought along my throw blanket (that I use when I'm on break at work :eek: ) because they didn't have a blanket for me, and I was too tired to bother calling the front desk.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

I've slept on the cushions that came off of the pull-out bed-laid out on the floor next to the pull-out bed!

As for me- I wouldn't have done it differently. After all, it's WDW and desperate sleeping arrangements call for desperate measures! If that's what it takes to be able to enjot time at WDW, then so be it!

I'd go for it if it'll make or break someone's opportunity to be there!

I'm not sure what alternative you're referring to ("...if they didn't have to...") I can't say I'd leave the bed made and sleep on the pull-out, but do what you've got to do! :drevil:

Upvote 0

robynchic

wild01ride said:
I'm not sure what alternative you're referring to ("...if they didn't have to...") I can't say I'd leave the bed made and sleep on the pull-out, but do what you've got to do! :drevil:

I would assume that their intentions is "Should I go with a suite, or a 1-bedroom?" is whether they want to go with a studio, a 1 bedroom, or a 2 bedroom.

And it really all depends on the type of person that's going to sleep on the sleeper sofa. When I've been working in WDW, I sleep like a LOG. I've fallen asleep in our chair at my apartment (and woke up when I heard roommates walk in and say "Oh my god...how can she curl up like that and just fall asleep?") If you're a light sleeper, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you know you'll get tired, and won't care, it's fine.

Upvote 0
I would avoid having to use the pull out bed unless absolutely necessary. We went to SS in June, and I tried to sleep on the bed for one night. My back was killing me the next day. I had made reservations for myself and 3 of my co-workers in an SS studio for January, and switched them to Old Key West, which has 2 queen beds, as soon as I reached my seven month window. Don't get me wrong, I would sleep in a tent on I-4 to be at Disney, but I couldn't see anyone sleeping on that bed for 5 nights.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom