SapphireSeven Pictures (open brainstorming)

Garfield Builder

Original Poster
I was thinking about opening SapphireSeven Pictures, a new production division of Disney. I was thinking that SapphireSeven Pictures should be in charge of Pixar's involvement with live-action films. What do you think?

Miru

Is this a reference to Circle 7 productions?

And no, this is an utterly terrible idea. Pixar, in their right minds, would be against the remakes; they’re tantamount to the cheapquels if not worse.

Garfield Builder

Original Poster
Is this a reference to Circle 7 productions?

And no, this is an utterly terrible idea. Pixar, in their right minds, would be against the remakes; they’re tantamount to the cheapquels if not worse.
Actually this is a film division to make better remakes than the current ones.

Miru

Actually this is a film division to make better remakes than the current ones.
Sorry, but it’s generally agreed upon that the remakes are a bad idea from the get-go, but that’s not to say a bad idea can’t be executed well. I’d say we need animated remakes of live action properties to balance it out.

Twilight_Roxas

Not all live action remakes aren’t terrible. Plus Disney could make full live action remakes of short animated films based off the films in the package era.

Miru

I think the best way to salvage the remakes is to get unique with them, like they did early on. Jungle Book was more of an action movie closer to the book, Alice in Wonderland was a sequel, Malificent was a perspective flip… (Cruella and Mulan also tried but they were terrible anyway). Post-2021, none of them try, and incredibly fewer did as they went on, especially as they started churning them out faster.

Some ideas:

* The Little Mermaid remake is set in the present day or at least around the time the original film released, with more contemporary arrangements of the original songs and atmosphere, new dimension brought in as well.
* Aladdin becomes a defanged horror movie about Jafar being awoken in modern times and going on a rampage, Iago (in human form) trying to stop him.
* Dumbo as a full-on Kaiju flick with Timothy the “mouse” helping the gargantuan flying elephant to safety, inspired heavily by Daigoro vs. Goliath, Mothra, and King Kong Escapes. Get Tsubaraya on board, they could also do a great Monsters Inc. Dumbo vs. Jafar, combining the above two ideas.
* Pinocchio becomes a Muppet parody version with Robin as Pinocchio, Gonzo as Gepetto, Kermit as Jiminy Cricket, and a mix of Disney’s usual talent and Muppet deep cuts as the rest (like Josh Brolin as the Coachman)

A possible schedule:

2019:

* Dumbo vs. Jafar (September)

2020:

Pause

2021:

* Cruella
* Muppinochio

Pause

2023:

* The Little Mermaid

Garfield Builder

Original Poster
I was thinking about making real fan films. Like the following:
  • Muppets' Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  • Pinocchio's First Christmas
  • Inside Mickey's Head

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom