Santee, SC

trucillo

has anyone stopped at Santee, SC on their way to WDW? I'm leaving from Jersey and it's about a 10-12 hour drive. Or can someone suggest a better spot in SC (Below Florence)

Thanks!

John

dizneykev

I spent a year (or maybe it was just 5 days) in Santee one time for a golf trip. If you golf or fish, this may be your place, otherwise I would look for something else. If I remember right, you had to cross a bridge and go out of your way to get to Santee. I would stay on the main drag and find a nice Hampton Inn somewhere if it were I.

Dizneykev

Upvote 0

trucillo

Original Poster
I usually stay in Florence, SC at a Hampton Inn but I'd like to drive further this time. It's only for one night but I'd like it as clean as possible since I have children now.

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

Originally posted by trucillo
I usually stay in Florence, SC at a Hampton Inn but I'd like to drive further this time. It's only for one night but I'd like it as clean as possible since I have children now.

Florence is a good choice, otherwise I'd stop at Raleigh.

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

has anyone stopped at Santee, SC on their way to WDW? I'm leaving from Jersey and it's about a 10-12 hour drive. Or can someone suggest a better spot in SC (Below Florence)

Thanks!

John

whenever we drive to florida we always stop at santee... its nice and in the middle
and they have some nice steakhouse that i cant remember about but its pretty good when you're hungry...
as long as all you're doing is stopping to break up the trip then santee is right off the highway
yay
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Marijil

Thanks!

John

We used to stop there all the time, until we started covering more ground. Its great, safe, lots of food and hotel choices. We drive from central NJ

Upvote 0

celticdog

When heading south on I-95, you'll pass a rest stop just prior to Santee. Take the immediate next exit. I can't remember the number, however this exit has all the amentities you'll need for a stop. I usually stop here for just food and gas. I do believe there are accomodations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom