Sandcastle Club

Whalers

Original Poster
We are going to leave our 4+6 yr old girls at the Sandcastle Club for the first time for an evening in September - we aren't nervous about it but wanted to get some first hand experiences and reviews. Thanks!

Sans Souci

It's been a few years since my son used it (He's since aged out.), but he really liked it. He asked to go back the following evening. When you check them in, they are asked what they'd like for dinner. It's usually something like a choice of chicken tenders, burger, mac 'n' cheese. There are all sorts of gaming consoles, there's usually a movie playing and it looked like there was some sort of table with crafts. The CMs were college-aged and very enthusiastic. I have used Sandcastle Club and what used to be the Neverland Club many times and he enjoyed both.

LAM378

My sister and I left our kids (7, 5, and 3) there just last night. First time for all of them. They loved it! We dropped them off at 4:45 and had to drag them out at 10 p.m.

There were video games, all manner of toys, art supplies, Disney movies, and a rack full of princess dresses. They had a cooking lesson and made cookies, did a science experiment where they made a volcano, and made pirate flags. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee visited them, along with someone else dressed like a pirate who taught them how to act and talk like pirates. We didn't know they'd get a character visit so that was a huge surprise for them and us.

Dinner choices were pasta with turkey marinara, chicken legs, chicken nuggets, or mac and cheese. Snack was 10 pm (Oreos or Rice Krispy treats).

I don't know if it's busier during busier times in WDW, but there was only one other child in there last night. I'm gonna guess that Lilo's Playhouse at the Poly gets bigger numbers of kids.

The CMs seemed awesome and were right down on the floor playing with them. They were all very nice, gave us the lowdown when we returned, and the kids were sad to say goodbye to them. Overall it was a great experience for us all, and we would send them back tonight if we could! If you have any questions, ask away while it's fresh in my mind.

AndyS2992

what is this Sand Castle Club, please explain it to me?
It is a children's activity centre at Disney's Beach Club Resort where adults can dump their kids for a few hours so they can go to the spa, eat at fancy restaurants, tour the parks alone or go back to the room for some.. alone time. There are several other kids clubs like this at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Polynesian and at the WDW Dolphin Resort. Costs $55 per child per evening.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/childrens-activity-centers/

Last edited:

Doug Means

It is a children's activity centre at Disney's Beach Club Resort where adults can dump their kids for a few hours so they can go to the spa, eat at fancy restaurants, tour the parks alone or go back to the room for some.. alone time. There are several other kids clubs like this at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Polynesian and at the WDW Dolphin Resort. Costs $55 per child per evening.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/childrens-activity-centers/
thanks

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Lilo's Playhouse is where we always leave the kids. It's awesome. We even let them go twice on this most recent trip. Chip and Dale or Hook and Smee even come to play with them. We let them stay from 4:30 to midnight and go to La Cellier while they are there and I always plan it for extra magic at MK. There's a great DVC discount there and also one for AP holders. With our discount it only winds up being $93.50 for 2 kids to stay for 7 and a half hours. I think that is an absolutely fantastic deal since they also get a full meal and 2 snacks and little keepsakes as well. They also get to make crafts and do certain activities. When we're there for 9 or 10 days it's great to have that break and we feel totally fine with leaving them there. The staff is phenomenal and absolutely great with kids.

iubigman

We are going to leave our 4+6 yr old girls at the Sandcastle Club for the first time for an evening in September - we aren't nervous about it but wanted to get some first hand experiences and reviews. Thanks!
We were there in August (staying at Yacht Club) and left our boys (8 and 5) there so we could go have a nice dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse. The plan was to pick them up after and take the boat over to DHS to see the Star Wars Fireworks. This next sentence should tell you everything you need to know: When we arrived to pick them up, they decided they would rather stay at Sandcastle than go see the Star Wars fireworks. (This let us hit EPCOT for dessert, wine, illuminations, etc. which was an added plus). They loved it. The staff was fantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. Since the switch from hourly (with a minimum) to a set fee for the whole evening, it really gives you that flexibility, which we were able to take advantage of. The only thing to remember is that if you are on the dining plan, it may get you and your kids "out of sync" with your meal credits, so to speak. We planned our dinner at Yachtsmen exactly for this reason, and paid cash for our dinner that night.

Mercury0777

I realize I'm a little late to this conversation, but do any of you know if guests staying at other Disney resorts, like the Boardwalk, can use the Sandcastle Club or any of the other three Children's Activity Centers? Thanks!

wdwfan22

I realize I'm a little late to this conversation, but do any of you know if guests staying at other Disney resorts, like the Boardwalk, can use the Sandcastle Club or any of the other three Children's Activity Centers? Thanks!

All Walt Disney World Guests may use the Activity centers at any resort. Please note that Disney is discontinuing the activity centers July 31, 2018.

Andrea022583

I am planning to take 5 kids to Disney by myself in May for my daughters Pop Warner banquet. My 5 year old will need care on a Friday and Saturday night. Can someone tell me the hours of the childcare centers? Thanks

nicb88

I am planning to take 5 kids to Disney by myself in May for my daughters Pop Warner banquet. My 5 year old will need care on a Friday and Saturday night. Can someone tell me the hours of the childcare centers? Thanks

According to various sources:

Pixar Play Zone at Contemporary: 6pm-10:30pm ($65)
Lilo's Playhouse at Polynesian: 4.30pm-12am ($55)
Simba's Cubhouse at Animal Kingdom Lodge: 4.30pm-11pm ($55)
Sandcastle Club at Beach Club: 4.30pm-12am ($55)

(For others looking, as mentioned above, the latter 3 clubs will close at the end of July)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom