Sad to be Homeward bound

Hawk

Original Poster
Just arrived home to the UK today, (sunday 29) what a sad feeling it is to be leaving WDW behind, had a last look at Cinderellas Castle on thursday. Tried to book the restaurant for our last night, but it was fully booked. We have had a brilliant time, i guess it's impossible not to have a good time in WDW. Still at least i have some great video footage to look back on, including 2 superb Fantasmics. Epcot fireworks, and Spectro. and the Haunted Mansion was open on our last day (thurs) it wasn't open on our first visit on the 16th. I saw the site of Mission Space, what a shame that it isn't ready yet, as I dont think we'll ever come back again, for one thing my wife and i absolutely detest flying, so 8 or 9 hours flying time to get there, and the same back, it's a bit of a nightmare for us. We've endured it twice, anymore is asking a bit too much. Well done to all at WDW, the service is superb, the people are superb, the attention to detail is superb, in fact WDW is just superb.
Thanks for some fantastic memories.

C'mon England.... we've got a lot to learn about customer service, how to put on a display or show etc. look and learn.

RogueHabit

Ain't that the truth. 2 months on from our trip and there is still a definate air of Post Disney depression in the house.

Can't wait to get back.

mickeyfanatics

That is still how I feel about my first trip to Disneyland, and we left there 2 months ago. I can still feel myself being there at the hotel and in the parks. What a wonderful place.

I do not get upset about leaving WDW anymore since we are only 45 minutes away and can go back almost anytime.

DanielJ

I always feel depressed when i get back to the UK, the jet lag gets to ya and you always don't feel right in the head lol, you'd belike going to sleep at 3am and waking up at 1pm in the afternoon or something lol.

I hope to be living in orlando, once my education is finished over here, am currently studying a degree in Business IT, and i hope to be working for either disney or universal as a web programmer.

After been going there from the age of 7, Orlando is like my second home and i want to make it my first, so i know what you all are going through :) .

Orlando is definitly a drug to me :) lol

Daniel :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Hawk
.........as I dont think we'll ever come back again, for one thing my wife and i absolutely detest flying, so 8 or 9 hours flying time to get there, and the same back, it's a bit of a nightmare for us. We've endured it twice, anymore is asking a bit too much

Hey there - you flew once to visit WDW for the first time - it can't have been all that bad as you've then visited for a second time. Give it a couple of years and I'll bet you'll be back - No one can resist the Magic and DLP just isn't the same.

lildivaaa

I must admit, my last trip there was in April 2002 and I am STILL depressed.....6 months later! The weird thing is that I have not always been a big WDW fan, as I am now. This all started for me very recently in 1999 when my wife and I went there for our first Official vacation. Since then, I have been back 8 times!! I guess I'm a late-bloomer WDW nut!!!:hammer:

Anyway, I went my first time to WDW in 1974, I was 6 years old. Between then and 1999, I never went back. NOW, at 33 years old, I finally realize what a magical and special place it really is and I regret not being able to see it more as a child. Maybe someday when my wife and I have children, I can sort of live that part of my life through them and see WDW through a child's eyes.

But yes, I find myself thinking about WDW all the time! I listen to streaming WDW audio from www.intercot.com ALL DAY during work! And I'm constantly bugging my wife...asking her when can we go back. I've even considered going alone a couple of times...but I think I'd rather share WDW with someone.

Gotta stop writting now....getting more depressed!! :cry:

dreamer

We were there last week and it was great to see all the English (Brits, Scots, Ukers -- what do you guys call yourselves nowadays)? So pleasant and polite and delightful to be around. I hope you decide to return some day in the future, although I know what you mean about flying.

You won't find Disney congeniality in most places in the US.

dreamer

OK -- Brits it is. (Do people from Scotland and Ireland consider themselves "Brits," or do they prefer Scottish and Irish? I hope this doesn't offend anyone.)

When my kids grow up my wife and I are gonna visit your island and rent a car and drive all around the countryside. Probably even visit London.

DanielJ

the scottish i think like to be called the scotts and the irish i think prefer to be called the irish :) hard to work out aint it? lol only kidding.
I live about 25 mins away from london, here's a tip for ya don't drive into london as it costs a fortune to park and can be hard to find parking spaces, plus there's alot of traffic but do take the car when visiting the countryside and things.
If ya planning to go to the tower of london during your visit get there early as the lines can be pretty big to get inside.

Hope this helps :)

Daniel :)

Hawk

Original Poster
London is very expensive for tourists, (very expensive for residents come to think of it,) i'm a courier, and i work in and around central London, and tend not to buy anything whilst in central London, as it is very overpriced, bit like Disney is compared to outside.

tybroid59

I must say I am already preparing for the blues when i get back...im getting some holidays brochures and large amounts of ice cream and chocolate..........

19 days to go :sohappy:

Hawk

Original Poster
what a sad thought eh? knowing before you go that you're going to be depressed when you get back,

Hawk

Original Poster
Just reading back through my original post,
The temptation was too much... we're now planning our next trip, probably late 2004 or 2005, i know it sems a long way off, but we're going to have an extension built at home, and my wife wants it all completed before we go to WDW again, well... she's the boss!

crazygirley

I have been home for 8 months now, and I still get that lonely feeling every once and a while. I am going back in 3 months, but still, I will still be sad until I get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom