Rural areas?

jaime_1234

Original Poster
I would love to buy a house near WDW sometime within the next 5 years. The only problem is finding an area that has everything I'm looking for. I would like to find a rural area (i.e. one where I could find 5 or 6 acres of land to build on) that's also within a 45 min drive to WDW. Does a place like this exist?? I'm not interested in living in a neighborhood, but that's pretty much all I see when I drive around the central Florida area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

beachclubbasics

There's a lot of open area out near Lakeland which is about 40 minutes south west of Disney. I bought 1.5 acres there last year for 6,000 and there's still a lot of open space. It's also near major highways that will lead to Rt 192 or I-4.

The only thing that you have to be careful of is that the land you by is residentally zoned. A lot of the land in Florida is zoned for recreation (hunting, camping, dirtbiking) only. Look for residential/homesite zoned land.

Lakeland/Frostproof is a more rural area, but is booming and prices are going to go through the roof there soon.

Nemo14

My mother lives on the Cleremont/Groveland border. When she bought her house 17 years ago, it was quite rural and quiet all around her, but it has really built up considerably lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom