Running the Everest Challenge...as characters! Any tips?

SMike88

Original Poster
Hey everybody,
My girlfriend and I are already planning for next year's Everest Challenge race and we really want to do it as Rapunzel and Flynn from Tangled. She's cutting her (brown) hair short like Rapunzel has it at the end of the movie, and I just have to grow mine out, although I already do have the same beard that Flynn does. :p But any tips on how we can be "in costume" but still able to run? We are both really competitive, so we do want to try and put up a good time! I'm already thinking our name will be "Team Tangled". :)

JillC LI

How fun! I'd say just limit your costume to items that won't interfere with the comfort of running and try to still stick with wicking clothes to the extent possible.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It's a short enough race that you can get away with costumes. I'd try and keep your legs free to run properly...so wear loose fitting shorts/pants, and have her wear a shorter style dress if she wants to wear one, as you need to remember that there are obstacles that need to be climbed or jumped over/through.

The terrain through the Animal kingdom is uneven and very dark....the easier you make it for you to plant your feet properly, the happier you'll be after the race.

My wife and I just ran the 2011 challenge together, and had a blast. Feel free to ask any questions you'd like!

SMike88

Original Poster
I actually did the 2010 Race with my best friend and we had a great time! We pretty much decided just after we crossed the finish line that we HAD to bring more people along for the next race. My girlfriend and I had our college graduation on the same day as the race this year, that's why we can't wait to go for next years! Plus, I needed some vindication after we finished at 1:03 in 2010, gotta get in under an hour! But we watched Tangled together and thought that the two of us look a LOT like Flynn and Rapunzel...plus, my dog's name is Maxx. His full name is Maxximus, and that's true...bizarre coincedence! So...we definitely want to run the race together, and we just thought that we could really pull off Flynn and Rapunzel together! Now it's just a question of how to do both!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom