running in wilderness lodge

ortis

Original Poster
Hi we are going to wdw august 9 and are staying at W.L I am a big runner and want to know if there is any where to run around the resort. I run about 5 miles a day and I am from the south so I am use to the heat and humidity. I love to run early in the morning . I wold love some tips !!! Thank you in advance

tigsmom

Thought you were talking about the kids in the lobby! :lol:
(they do, you know). You will love the WL...its our favorite. There is a mile long path that leads from the lodge to Fort Wilderness. I just saw this on Great Hotels on the Travel Channel. We have stayed there 5 times and never knew it existed! It leads thru the woods and is used for biking, walking, etc. I'm sure if you ask a CM at the desk they will have other suggestions. Enjoy your stay...have a skillet breakfast in the Whispering Canyon Cafe. We will be there from Aug 2-9th. :sohappy:

ortis

Original Poster
Thank you so much for that info .My 2 boys ages 6 and3 will definitely be running in the lobby! that is why I have to run myself:hammer: Do you think it will be really crowded at wdw while we are there?

tigsmom

Have you checked out the August role (sp) call thread. I'ts going to be packed with WDWMAGIC members.:lol:
From what I hear the parks have been pretty full. Am looking forward to E-Ride nights. Have you thought about that or are your kids too small? My girls are 8 1/2 and 15.

ortis

Original Poster
We are definitely going to do the e-ride nights. My boys are pretty easy and can go .Im scared the e-ride tickets may sell out.Does this ever happen

FormerCM

Think your looking for something scenic. Why not around the lagoon? There is a road when you drive to the hotel I've seen people jog on but not really pretty.

Not sure when the boats start in the am but you could get the boat to Cont. Hotel and then go around the lagoon. Someone should be able to tell you also how far it is around there. Unless there is still contruction on that path. Always seems to be.

tigsmom

Originally posted by ortis
We are definitely going to do the e-ride nights. My boys are pretty easy and can go .Im scared the e-ride tickets may sell out.Does this ever happen

Some people say yes, others no. They only sell about 5,000 tickets a night. Buy them when you check in...then you won't miss out. Can't remember the specific days, but there is a thread if you want to do a search.

wdwfan22

E-Ride Nights hardly ever sale out. On July 22 they were selling tickets to anyone that wanted them at City Hall.

Invero

I can't stress the following enough:
DO NOT JOG ON ROADWAYS!!

Always make sure to run/jog on a sidewalk, and out of our roadways... it can be VERY DANGEROUS on our roadways.

Blizz

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
I can't stress the following enough:
DO NOT JOG ON ROADWAYS!!

Always make sure to run/jog on a sidewalk, and out of our roadways... it can be VERY DANGEROUS on our roadways.

LOL, yes last time we stayed at WL there were stupid people doing that.

The path is so cool to bike or jog down in the early mornings. I loved taking a bike to the Wilderness Lodge and then biking around the camp sites. I also biked down to River Country to see the gardeners work and then visited the CM boat dock next to River COuntry. (its a nice ride) and look for the lawn mower tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom