"Running" around the World

Capt. Salty

Hello Everyone!
We're going down to WDW Aug 1-11 and staying at Caribbean Beach. We've never stayed at this resort. I'm a runner, and I see there is an approx. 1.1 mile "loop" at CBR. Can anyone tell me how that course is, and also, where are some of the better places at WDW to run? I've never run at WDW - too busy relaxing and recouping from the long days/walks in the parks and beyond.
Thanks for any insight.

j&bconnecticut

Hello Everyone!
We're going down to WDW Aug 1-11 and staying at Caribbean Beach. We've never stayed at this resort. I'm a runner, and I see there is an approx. 1.1 mile "loop" at CBR. Can anyone tell me how that course is, and also, where are some of the better places at WDW to run? I've never run at WDW - too busy relaxing and recouping from the long days/walks in the parks and beyond.
Thanks for any insight.

Check out www.disneyrunning.com
there is a section that has running trails all around disney world.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Thanks! I do appreciate the advice, however, there is a "jogging path" that I was refering to, and was wondering about it (flat, fast, similar to a sidewalk, a path, etc)...

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

My husband and I just got back from a trip in June and while we both love to run - he was much more dedicated on this trip than I was. I manged to run about 2 miles a day just on the Pop Century resort, but he was doing 1-2 hours worth of running a day! Pop Century is right next to Caribbean Beach so I think you could do some similar courses. Now - keep in mind he was running early in the a.m. (usually getting out at about 5:45 a.m.) - There was hardly any traffic out yet so running along the roads was nice. He would usually leave Pop Century and head to Caribbean Beach. He would run around the resort and then head to the Boardwalk via the roads (not sure what direction exactly - pretty sure it's a right out of your resort). Anyway - he would run to the Boardwalk resort and run the actual Boardwalk up to the Epcot entrance. I think he may have also head aroudn the Yacht Club as well. Anyway - he would just turn around and come back from there. I hope this helps a little. I don't have him here to give me specifics. I do suggest running early because of the heat. I would go out early as well and it was still a little steamy! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
My husband and I just got back from a trip in June and while we both love to run - he was much more dedicated on this trip than I was. I manged to run about 2 miles a day just on the Pop Century resort, but he was doing 1-2 hours worth of running a day! Pop Century is right next to Caribbean Beach so I think you could do some similar courses. Now - keep in mind he was running early in the a.m. (usually getting out at about 5:45 a.m.) - There was hardly any traffic out yet so running along the roads was nice. He would usually leave Pop Century and head to Caribbean Beach. He would run around the resort and then head to the Boardwalk via the roads (not sure what direction exactly - pretty sure it's a right out of your resort). Anyway - he would run to the Boardwalk resort and run the actual Boardwalk up to the Epcot entrance. I think he may have also head aroudn the Yacht Club as well. Anyway - he would just turn around and come back from there. I hope this helps a little. I don't have him here to give me specifics. I do suggest running early because of the heat. I would go out early as well and it was still a little steamy! Have a great trip!

I am a morning runner, usually out the door by 5:15am, and I am very familiar w/the Florida humidity. I'm a 6-8 mile runner, training for my 1st 1/2 marathon, at about an 8 min mile, so long runs are ok...thanks for the insight!:wave:

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

Half marathons are a lot of fun! My husband and I are doing the Disneyland 1/2 marathon on Labor day this year. It was a lot of fun last year (plus an excuse to go to CA!). Good luck!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I just did my first half almost 2 months ago!

The concrete "Promenade" around "Barefoot Bay" at CBR is a 1.4 mile loop. Mostly flat, a lot of loose curves, some slight swales but no real inclines to speak of. It'll be pleasantly empty at 5:15 a.m., but it'll get frustrating around 7 or 7:30 or so, as it's not the widest path in the world.

I live at and run the Atlantic City boardwalk, and I know how frustrating it is do deal with clueless tourists blocking "my" way.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Half marathons are a lot of fun! My husband and I are doing the Disneyland 1/2 marathon on Labor day this year. It was a lot of fun last year (plus an excuse to go to CA!). Good luck!

My sister is doing the Disney 1/2 marathon in Jan. My brother-in-law and a friend are doing the "goofy" run, as well...My first 1/2 marathon will be the Buffalo (NY) next, either may or june, cant remember exactly right now.

My run's around CBR will be early to "beat the heat". Really looking forward to it, as well as our vacation.

Upvote 0

ultramm

As mentioned, you can run directly from CBR to BW via paved walking paths. Once at BW you can run around BW and take the path over to MGM. On the way back from MGM you can take the path up over the overpass and drop back down by the Swan/Dolphin. You can reconnect back to the BW loop. You can also run the loop outside the BW resorts. My DW always stay at BWV so we know these loops pretty well. There are plenty of maps on my site.

Good luck to all in Jan and see you there:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom