Runner dies after Disney Half-Marathon

CaptainWonder

Original Poster
Didn't see this anywhere and thought you all might like to know....Of course the press will run with this as Disney's fault as they do with any negative Disney news

Runner dies after Disney Half-Marathon :cry:

<TABLE class=byln cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=428 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD class=byln width=328>1/7/2006, 10:50 p.m. ET
The Associated Press</TD><TD width=3> </TD><TD width=97></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A runner who participated in the Walt Disney World Half-Marathon collapsed Saturday after he crossed the finish line, and later died at a hospital, authorities said.

William Kane collapsed Saturday morning, and was taken to Celebration Hospital in Orlando, where he was pronounced dead, said Gary Conduff, a hospital spokesman.

Conduff said he was unable to confirm Kane's age and hometown.

Walt Disney World spokeswoman Kim Purty confirmed that a man collapsed after crossing the finish line and that he was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

Hopefully Disney won't get too much negative press from this. As much as I hate it when folks get on here and start saying how nothing is ever Disney's fault...I am going to have to jump on that bandwagon myself this time. I don't see how folks can blame Disney for this one. The poor guy probably had a health problem he wasn't aware of. My prayers go out to his family!!!

--Buzz

radiohost

Thoughts and Prayers from Ohio.....This is dreadfull.....Gives me chills just to think that someone would pass away at the happiest place on earth.....Agreed,,,Theres no way that the finger should be pointed at WDW for this....It will be interesting to see how the fair and balanced media will take this....As a broadcasting student,,,my guess is that this will remain an Orlando News channel topic,,,and wouldnt think that it will be on the Today show tomorrow morning....We'll see....Prayers to the family!!!!

WDWKat26

Oye, lately with Deaths at Disney it's been because people shouldn't have been doing what they were doing in the first place. Maybe this guy shouldn't have been running the marathon, who knows. I feel bad for the family though, my prayers are with them :(

WDWKat26

Here's some info:
In memory of athlete Willie Kane
Walt Disney World Half-Marathon participant Willie Kane, 43, of Tucson, Ariz., collapsed after crossing the finish line during the half-marathon on Jan. 7. Kane received immediate cardiopulmonary resuscitation from paramedics and was rushed to Florida Hospital where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy later determined that a congenital heart problem and heart disease, combined with over-exertion, were major factors in his death.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom