runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

Rteetz

runDisney has become so streamlined and predictable in the last 5 or so years. The Springtime Surprise is only a surprise by theme and nothing more.

Rinse/repeat is right. But they are still fun weekends for me.
Exactly. They mentioned when they started Springtime they could change up the distances year to year. We have yet to see that. I do like having a 10-miler but I do wish they would change things a bit more. Like including Animal Kingdom in a non-marathon course.

surfsupdon

Exactly. They mentioned when they started Springtime they could change up the distances year to year. We have yet to see that. I do like having a 10-miler but I do wish they would change things a bit more. Like including Animal Kingdom in a non-marathon course.
Like they used to.
When runDisney was young they had various after parties, various distances, and many more thematic weekends. I was there during the Disney Endurance Series transition into runDisney. Now that they are established, it’s so streamlined. And all discounts are GONE.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
*Closes eyes*

T-shirt, spirit jersey, Mickey ears, a Loungefly bag…

Whoa! What a guess!! 😂

My wife will be there next weekend to help a friend with the 5k. Long story but it was not something expected or planned well in advance.

Just the wife or will you be accompanying her?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Gonna be a hot one.... ☹️

1000006614.png

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Tomorrow, running through Wednesday I plan on starting my virtual Springtime Surprise challenge! All three races in succession days. I plan on taking it easy but still running at a decent pace as I really haven’t ran as much as I have wanted to in the past few weeks.

surfsupdon

Did anyone pay to go to the Splash??!
How was it?

Even if I ran, based on principle, I would not have gone. A park ticket is much cheaper, and all other after parties were included in registration.

AK for Everest
MGM for Tower 13K
Epcot for Wine & Dine
MVMCP for Wine & Dine (1 year)
…and don’t forget many race registrations used to include a 1-Day Park Hopper for the weekend. In addition to a discounted ticket store.

Figment82

Congrats to everyone who participated in STS Weekend!

Ran the 5K with my 5YO. It was her second 5K (first was the Cast 5K at DAK last December), but her first rD event. And first fully completed on her own (she rode on my husband’s shoulders for a bit last time). She was losing steam in the last half mile, but a couple kind ladies gave her bracelets and that perked her up. Made it back home with time to spare before school started.

No PRs in the 10K and 10Mi, but I was close to my previous times. Still wish the 10Mi course was run backwards - that stretch on World Dr is such a mental hurdle.

Now it’s that long wait until W&D - looking forward to year 15!

Rteetz

Did anyone pay to go to the Splash??!
How was it?

Even if I ran, based on principle, I would not have gone. A park ticket is much cheaper, and all other after parties were included in registration.

AK for Everest
MGM for Tower 13K
Epcot for Wine & Dine
MVMCP for Wine & Dine (1 year)
…and don’t forget many race registrations used to include a 1-Day Park Hopper for the weekend. In addition to a discounted ticket store.
I went. I enjoyed the party. Was it worth the $85? Probably not but it was basically H2O Glow Nights for runDisney. So very little waits for anything. Low crowds, popcorn, ice cream and soda included. Character meets and a dance party. My group had a blast tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom