RunDisney for Castaway Cay?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I thought I recently saw somebody mention that they signed up for the CC 5K through RunDisney. I went to the RunDisney site and didn't see an option for the run. So my questions are:

Do people sign up for the CC 5K through RunDisney? Or did I imagine that?

and

Why would you sign up that way when you can sign up when we get to the island? Is there some benefit for doing it through RunDisney? Some special pin or medal that you get?

atrus79

@ChuckElias To answer your questions ... first off, there is a separate signup for the runDisney Castaway Cay 5k then the standard Castaway Cay 5k that you sign up for on the boat ... the runDisney one appears to be removed from the site, so it must be sold out. The only time the special Castaway Cay 5k race takes place is the week after WDW Marathon weekend and I believe one other WDW Half Marathon.

In regards to why to signup versus the free one on the cruise (which I have completed in the past as well) ... you get a special Castaway Cay 5k race shirt and a race medal from runDisney (in addition to the rubber one). Below (in the upper left) is the medal from this upcoming years race ...
18mara-jpg.231769

Hope that helps! :)

EOD K9

The 5k is about all I'm good for in a year. That's not totally true, but pretty close. I'll ride 50 miles any day though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom