Rumor: Lord of the Rings Land to Replace Toon Lagoon?

lazyboy97o

Nothing. Leave it alone. There's no reason to go trying to replace a perfectly serviceable land when there are numerous other areas in the parks that actually need attention.
It'd also be nice to see Universal try to squeeze in some smaller attractions. Marquee attractions make great headlines but eventually you end up with capacity issues because you keep replace and not growing.

JT3000

It'd also be nice to see Universal try to squeeze in some smaller attractions. Marquee attractions make great headlines but eventually you end up with capacity issues because you keep replace and not growing.

I think they could fit a smaller dark ride in the spot where the empty theater currently stands, but they seem to be in no rush to (ever) do anything with that. Give TL the Rocky & Bullwinkle ride it should've had to begin with, and boom, you're done with that area for a good decade at least.

The Grand Inquisitor

I think they could fit a smaller dark ride in the spot where the empty theater currently stands, but they seem to be in no rush to (ever) do anything with that. Give TL the Rocky & Bullwinkle ride it should've had to begin with, and boom, you're done with that area for a good decade at least.
That would be really cool. But I just do not see them building a rocky or Bullwinkle ride. The property is outdated. They will want to build something that is timeless or very popular.

The Grand Inquisitor

Does anyone think the Toon Lagoon it's just too small for a Lord of the Rings land?
A LOTR land should be big. Like Star Wars or Potter size. Personally I would rather see LOTR as a expansion to Epic Universe in the distant future. I would have Kung Fu Panda or a Wizard of Oz( because WB and Universal work very well toghet) replace Toon Lagoon.

sedati

Mordor seems the easiest to achieve as a land, at least as an exterior one. It's a walled domain and the most distinct from what we get from Potter or even Zelda.
1586210071738.png

Might be jarring from Marvel, but would blend well into Kong. The biggest issue would be starting backwards story-wise.
The problem with any other area would be sightlines. I'd love Hobbiton done like Mexico at Epcot- put it in a perpetual night- it can be Bilbo's Birthday year round complete with Gandalf's fireworks. Within the rides we could explore the rest of Middle Earth.
Also, full-scale flaming Balrog animatronic- we wants it, yes Precious.
1586210330026.png

JT3000

That would be really cool. But I just do not see them building a rocky or Bullwinkle ride. The property is outdated. They will want to build something that is timeless or very popular.

Everything in Toon Lagoon is "outdated". Dudley Do-Right was literally a segment from the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. But a lot of people still like that stuff, and it's the most on-theme thing they can possibly add.

The Grand Inquisitor

Everything in Toon Lagoon is "outdated". Dudley Do-Right was literally a segment from the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. But a lot of people still like that stuff, and it's the most on-theme thing they can possibly add.
I agree. Problem is that would have been great when the park first opened back in 1999. There is no way now Universal will add a Rocky and Bullwinkle ride now unless it becomes a huge hit again. It will probably be replaced by something that is very popular now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom