Roy E disney

walt

Original Poster
Hello guys I wonder if any of you guys know if there are any way to contact roy e disney if you guys know his email or anything else just tell me

thank you

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
walt said:
Hello guys I wonder if any of you guys know if there are any way to contact roy e disney if you guys know his email or anything else just tell me

thank you
Actually, I am having lunch with him tomorrow, if you would like me to relay a message.

Connor002

Dragonrider1227 said:
Why do you say that? :veryconfu

Well, for one thing, Roy is famous for his name, not his accomplishments.

Secondly, I'm going to have to get back to you on what accomplishments he actually has.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Connor002 said:
Well, for one thing, Roy is famous for his name, not his accomplishments.

Secondly, I'm going to have to get back to you on what accomplishments he actually has.

The vowel that starts his middle name is earlier in the alphabet than his fathers?:lookaroun

mickey04

Connor002 said:

Well there was the whole saving the company from being sold off piece by piece thing in 1984, his contributions to the revival of Disney animation in the late 80's/ early 90's, and spear heading the shareholder revolt that led to Michael Eisner's removal from the executive suite and board of directors.

Is Roy perfect as some people like to believe? Absolutely not, I'll agree he hasn't always helped the company. For example I think he's as responsible for animation's decline as he was for its renaissance. However, to say he's just the "idiot nephew" isn't fair at all. Without him, Disney (if there even was one left) would be very different, and I don't think for the better.

Sorry to beat a dead horse. I know it's been discussed before, but I hate to see Walt's nephew continuously take such abuse on these boards.

disneypearl

mickey04 said:
Well there was the whole saving the company from being sold off piece by piece thing in 1984, his contributions to the revival of Disney animation in the late 80's/ early 90's, and spear heading the shareholder revolt that led to Michael Eisner's removal from the executive suite and board of directors.

Is Roy perfect as some people like to believe? Absolutely not, I'll agree he hasn't always helped the company. For example I think he's as responsible for animation's decline as he was for its renaissance. However, to say he's just the "idiot nephew" isn't fair at all. Without him, Disney (if there even was one left) would be very different, and I don't think for the better.

Sorry to beat a dead horse. I know it's been discussed before, but I hate to see Walt's nephew continuously take such abuse on these boards.

I agree

peter11435

mickey04 said:
and spear heading the shareholder revolt that led to Michael Eisner's removal from the executive suite and board of directors.

It is still debatable as to if that was a positive thing or not. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Also Eisner was not removed from the executive suite. He was removed from his position on the board of directors but not from his position as CEO of the company. That he choose to leave on his own a year before his contract would have been up anyway.

It is obvious if you look at Roys ations that he doesn't truely care about the company. He (like most people) only cares about making money. He just uses a faux love for the company to mask that. If you closely read his objectives on savedisney.com they all pointed to making more money. How else can you explain his support of a sale to Comcast. A company that is the complete opposite of the Disney image, and it was publicaly known their intentions were to keep the Media Networks (ESPN) and dump the rest. How is that in the best interest of the company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom