Rose Crown Bangers?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I ate recently at the Rose Crown in England and had the Bangers and Mash. It was excellent. I'm wondering if anyone know what kind of sausages they use for that dish? I would love to have them at home. I found Bass ale in my grocery store and that made me happy but finding the bangers would make me more happy! :lol:

careship

My recipe calls for pork and veal. That is what I have always used. I heard some parts of my family only use pork. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Being English I feel qualified to answer this one!!

You just need really thick pork sausages none of these hot dogs thingys!!

Any other UK type queries I'll be happy to help!!

Upvote 0

careship

Originally posted by Pippa
Being English I feel qualified to answer this one!!

You just need really thick pork sausages none of these hot dogs thingys!!

Any other UK type queries I'll be happy to help!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey now just because I am from Michigan doesn't make my UK illiterate!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k Most of my family came from there and my hubbies family from Poland. They hate it when I "americanize" the foods.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by careship
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey now just because I am from Michigan doesn't make my UK illiterate!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k Most of my family came from there and my hubbies family from Poland. They hate it when I "americanize" the foods.

Can you make pierogies from scratch?;)

Upvote 0

careship

Originally posted by tigsmom
Can you make pierogies from scratch?;)

It's family tradition. We "women" (I've had my boys take part so they can change the women part later) sit and make pierogies a few times a year and at Easter & Christmas it's a huge Polish cooking thing. We are expected to make all the traditional foods from scratch. It really is alot of fun. I make it seem like a chore but it isn't. We have a great time. I would just love to do it with just me and the boys. It just will never work that way.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

There is a great Polish deli by us and all the women get together on Sunday to make the Pierogies for the week. Maybe you and the boys can set aside a Sat. and make a small batch just for you.

(sorry for the thread drift!)

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Originally posted by careship

To drift again... I watch Food network a lot, and the show Oliver's Twist (used to be The Naked Chef) is a favorite. But he made the comment once about Americans taking foods from other cultures and "bastardizing" them. :lol: I thought that was so funny... because it's so true.

Upvote 0

nikechic

Bangers and Mash....makes me want to go back to LONDON.
I lived for 4 months in college and I think I ate Bangers and Mash once a day. I love it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom