Rope Drop in Magic Kingdom - best plan?

El Guapo

We will be there on Friday, January 6th. My six year old wants to ride Dumbo, and everyone wants to ride Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. What do people recommend doing first, second, etc to accomplish this?

All advice is appreciated!

minniemickeyfan

I would ride Dumbo first, then walk over and get a FP to Space Mountain, then go do Splash Mtn.

For us we start with Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh, then go do Splash Mtn, maybe Big Thunder, do Adventureland, eat lunch, HM, anything else, and late afternoon get a FP to Space Mtn while we work on Tomorrowland in the evening. This plan works well on our "do everything at MK in a day plan"

Good luck, we will be there that day too! But not until later after the Family 5K at Epcot.

Upvote 0

Buckeye

Here is our rope drop plan every trip to MK.

Mom and kids to Dumbo and ride immediately. Dad to Space Mountain for FastPasses. After Dumbo, we usually see all Fantasyland attractions before using our FastPasses.

Has worked great for us, I just never get to ride Dumbo!

Upvote 0

Murphketeer

Mom and kids to Dumbo and ride immediately. Dad to Space Mountain for FastPasses. After Dumbo, we usually see all Fantasyland attractions before using our FastPasses.

Mom could always take a turn getting the fastpasses

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I agree with this plan for peak season. For quieter times, you're probably safe doing Dumbo first and then heading to Space then Splash. In any case, definitely do Dumbo first because it is a very slow loader, and you don't want to wait on a long line for it.

Upvote 0

El Guapo

Original Poster
For us we start with Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh, then go do Splash Mtn, maybe Big Thunder, do Adventureland, eat lunch, HM, anything else, and late afternoon get a FP to Space Mtn while we work on Tomorrowland in the evening. This plan works well on our "do everything at MK in a day plan"
Your plan sounds like a good one. Do you ever have trouble getting FPs for Space Mountain later in the day?

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Between rides in Fantasyland, have one person run over to Space Mountain and get FastPasses. If you do that at rope drop, then by the time you've wandered over to Frontierland, you'll be able to snag FPs for Splash Mountain.

If the park opens at 9:00am and you get to the Space Mountain FP line right away, the return time will start at 9:40am ... which means you'll be able to get more FPs at 9:40am.

Upvote 0
Whatever you do, do Splash Mountain last, but try and get there before noon. Frontierland is the least crowded in the morning while Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are the most crowded.

Do Dumbo, then go and Fastpass Space Mountain. Just consider that if you do FP Space and run to Splash, you have to cross the whole park again to get back. That could be pretty tiring :snore:

If you could wait and do it, I would actually recommend doing Fantasyland later at night. We have never had a problem getting on small world, the Carousel, or Dumbo. Peter Pan and Pooh fill up quick and stay filled up most of the time.

Hope this helped, but nobody can really predict what the crowd will do. :hammer:

Upvote 0

MaMignone

We generally Start to the left with adventureland and work our way around. We've never had an issue of getting on rides. Altho I generally go during off season, such as this coming Jan 10-17, 2011!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I'd go straight to Dumbo and ride that first. Possibly sending someone who doesn't care to ride Dumbo to SM to grab the FP's. Then I'd hit Peter Pan w/o a fp because that ride can be a nightmare later in the day. Honestly, I'd do all of Fantasyland first and then head over to Splash to get the FP's for that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom