Rope Drop for Flight of Passage

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I will be at Animal Kingdom in mid-October, and I was wondering what rope drop was like now. I was there an hour before park opening last November (park opened at 7, we got there a little before 6), and they were letting people in early to be able to ride FoP. While I doubt that’s still the case, are the pre-opening crowds large enough to warrant getting to AK an hour early again?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well it depends on the day, if its an EMH day all resort guests will be in early (They are generally the ones being let in early) and by the time regular guests get in the queue will be v large, last year I did FOP for the first time via EMH and by the time I came off the ride was already at 2 1/2 hrs.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Well it depends on the day, if its an EMH day all resort guests will be in early (They are generally the ones being let in early) and by the time regular guests get in the queue will be v large, last year I did FOP for the first time via EMH and by the time I came off the ride was already at 2 1/2 hrs.
It’s EMH on a Monday. We’re staying at Pop, so we’ll be going in with the other resort guests.

MattC

Just did this yesterday. Not an EMH day at AK and park opening was scheduled for 9:00. We parked at 7:50 and by the time we got to the gate I'd say 150ish people already there. CMs opened the gates at about 8:20 and we headed toward Pandora. Stopped at the bridge of course. CMs there walked everyone into the queue for FOP at 8:45. We were off the ride at 9:10.

twebber55

Just did this yesterday. Not an EMH day at AK and park opening was scheduled for 9:00. We parked at 7:50 and by the time we got to the gate I'd say 150ish people already there. CMs opened the gates at about 8:20 and we headed toward Pandora. Stopped at the bridge of course. CMs there walked everyone into the queue for FOP at 8:45. We were off the ride at 9:10.
quite amazing that this is still happening at DAK 16 months after Pandora opened

twebber55

All I can imagine is what it'll look like for Star Wars...
agreed
i do think having two star wars lands will help ease DHS some, especially with the DL version opening 4-6 months prior to the DHS version

Furthermore comparing this land to TSL shows you how much adaptability to a theme park and execution matters more so than IP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom