rooms blocked

jwats824

Original Poster
I have called twice and tried online several times. 9/14-9/22 there is no standard view rooms available. lady on the phone says they are blocked. Just curious if any one knew why.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have called twice and tried online several times. 9/14-9/22 there is no standard view rooms available. lady on the phone says they are blocked. Just curious if any one knew why.
They could be blocked for a convention or the CM could have misspoke and the rooms are just already booked.

DisneyJoe

Sometimes you need to check other lengths of stay, i.e. 9/16-9/22 perhaps due to one night being fully booked.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The least expensive rooms that I am pulling up are the lagoon view. It seems that the lesser rooms are booked solid. Keep in mind that many people book in advance in hopes to get free dining and the Poly is a very popular hotel especially since their refurb.

Pam

correcaminos

That makes no sense. Part of the random dates I picked had the 14-17 in it. Now it goes back and forth with having room on the 14th and not. same with the 21st.

jgj123

That makes no sense. Part of the random dates I picked had the 14-17 in it. Now it goes back and forth with having room on the 14th and not. same with the 21st.
It is weird. I can also get a standard view for the 14th - 20 (had to subtract the 21st and 22nd one at a time before one came available), but then I can also get a standard room for the 21st - 27. So there are standard rooms available on the 21st and 22nd, the system just won't add them to the reservation beginning on the 14th. Maybe it's the way the rooms were assigned, so there is not one room that covers all the dates. from the 14th, although that doesn't make much sense since they aren't really assigning rooms yet.

DisneyJoe

They also have rules for yield management - regarding min and max number of nights as well as weekends etc. The OP wanted 8 nights, You'll notice most of your successful queries are for 6 nights. Each resort and month can vary with their rules.

jwats824

Original Poster
We have stayed 8 nights the past couple of years on basically the same dates at Poly. Always book about 9 months in advance.
Just doesn't make sense this year as to why we cant get it booked.

correcaminos

It is weird. I can also get a standard view for the 14th - 20 (had to subtract the 21st and 22nd one at a time before one came available), but then I can also get a standard room for the 21st - 27. So there are standard rooms available on the 21st and 22nd, the system just won't add them to the reservation beginning on the 14th. Maybe it's the way the rooms were assigned, so there is not one room that covers all the dates. from the 14th, although that doesn't make much sense since they aren't really assigning rooms yet.
Have you tried booking each separately and then see if they will merge the reservations?

crxbrett

I had this happen last year when I booked my Sep trip at the Poly in April. I ended up booking 2 separate rooms and split them halfway so 1 room was for 4 nights and the other room was for 4 more. Funny enough, they offered to let us stay in the same room the day we were supposed to switch. But we turned it down because rooms were available in the Fiji on the 3rd floor look at the lagoon.

This year I booked my trip 13 months before and the Poly didn't have standard rooms available for 13 nights. So I had to get creative again lol This year I am staying at the AKL my first 6 nights and then the Poly for the next 7.

Hope you can figure out the dates you want. Try what I said though and book 2 rooms for the dates you want that adds up to how many nights you want. It's pretty easy. You get extra Magicbands, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom