Room sizes

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
We’re looking at possibly renting a studio room over Spring Break next year. There will be 4 of us, all adults, none of us are small. Other than OKW, which vacation club resort has the largest studio rooms square footage wise? Or where could I possibly find that information out. Been looking all over and not finding any information.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Touring Plans has room measurements. I believe it goes Poly, then GF resort studios, then OKW, then Riviera, then almost everything else is within a few feet, then BLT inside rooms, then CCV.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Touring Plans has room measurements. I believe it goes Poly, then GF resort studios, then OKW, then Riviera, then almost everything else is within a few feet, then BLT inside rooms, then CCV.
But I will say usable space in the room is definitely GF Resort Studios over Poly, which has enormous bathrooms.

Wilbret

Correct me if I am wrong, but to me the difference is that OKW actually has 2 beds, whereas the others utilize a fold-out, right?

correcaminos

Correct me if I am wrong, but to me the difference is that OKW actually has 2 beds, whereas the others utilize a fold-out, right?
DVC has begun to move to murphy beds and I promise you they are just the other platform beds they use now. OKW has 2 regular queen beds. PVB has a queen murphy and a regular queen. Most or BRV was just moved to murphies vs pull out sofas. SSR and VGF main building use them as well (resort studios have 2 queen as well but lack a kitchenette). BCV is mid change. I think the rest at this time are pull out sofas. If I forgot one someone let me know. These now make studios usable for us when it's me and my son happily or we could even do a long stay in a 1 bedroom too if needed. They definitely are a massive improvement and I like them more as they are lower to the floor.

Last edited:

CastAStone

Premium Member
DVC has begun to move to murphy beds and I promise you they are just the other platform beds they use now. OKW has 2 regular queen beds. PVB has a queen murphy and a regular queen. Most or BRV was just moved to murphies vs pull out sofas. SSR and VGF use them as well. BCV is mid change. I think the rest at this time are pull out sofas. If I forgot one someone let me know. These now make studios usable for us when it's me and my son happily or we could even do a long stay in a 1 bedroom too if needed. They definitely are a massive improvement and I like them more as they are lower to the floor
To clarify, VGF uses a Murphy in the Deluxe studio but two regular queens in the Resort studio.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Here are all of the room sizes for all current DVC resorts:

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jambo

Deluxe Studio Villa - 316-365 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 629-710 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1152 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2349 sq ft

Kidani
Deluxe Studio Villa - 366 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 807 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2201 sq ft

Bay Lake Tower
Deluxe Studio Villa - 339 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 803 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2142 sq ft

Beach Club
Deluxe Studio Villa - 365 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 726 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1083 sq ft

Boardwalk
Deluxe Studio Villa - 359 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 712 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1072 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2142 sq ft

Grand Floridian
Deluxe Studio Villa - 374 sq ft
Resort Studio Villa - 440 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 844 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1232 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2800 sq ft

Old Key West
Deluxe Studio Villa - 390 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 942 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1395 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2375 sq ft

Polynesian Village
Deluxe Studio Villa - 447 sq ft
Bungalow - 1093 sq ft

Riviera
Tower Studio - 255 sq ft
Deluxe Studio Villa - 423 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 813 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1246 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2530 sq ft

Saratoga Springs
Deluxe Studio Villa - 355 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 714 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1070 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2113 sq ft
Treehouse Villa - 1074 sq ft

Wilderness Lodge

Boulder Ridge

Deluxe Studio Villa - 365 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 727 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1080 sq ft

Copper Creek
Deluxe Studio Villa - 345 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 761 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1105 sq ft
Grand Villa - 3204 sq ft
Cabin - 1737 sq ft

Aulani
Deluxe Studio Villa - 356 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 755 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1125 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2174 sq ft

Grand Californian
Deluxe Studio Villa - 379 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 865 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1257 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2142 sq ft

Hilton Head Island
Deluxe Studio Villa - 455 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 865 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1245 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2363 sq ft

Vero Beach
Inn Room - 360 sq ft
Deluxe Studio Villa - 390 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 880 sq ft
Two Bedroom Villa - 1255 sq ft
Beach Cottage - 2125 sq ft

Wilbret

Yes, I will edit for @Wilbret to not be confused. I was speaking for the VGF main building, not Big Pine Key. The resort studios also have a daybed that folds into a small single as well.
I'm not confused, just wanted to OP to have the knowledge of room design lol. Thanks for clarifying, though. Some folks prefer to fold out so they have more sitting space, but some might prefer just having 2 beds so they don't have to deal with the transition. There's that awkward time when you've got people using the sofa, and you've got someone ready to use the bed.

correcaminos

I'm not confused, just wanted to OP to have the knowledge of room design lol. Thanks for clarifying, though. Some folks prefer to fold out so they have more sitting space, but some might prefer just having 2 beds so they don't have to deal with the transition. There's that awkward time when you've got people using the sofa, and you've got someone ready to use the bed.
The Murphys make this less of an issue IMO. Takes seconds to pull down. I'm very pleased with the beds.

Wilbret

The Murphys make this less of an issue IMO. Takes seconds to pull down. I'm very pleased with the beds.
No, I'm talking about making people get off the sofa so you can go to bed, if that's your bed, lol. They don't tend to sit on your bed if it's just a bed. Had this scenario just this past week, had to tell the in-laws to GIT so the kids could go to bed lol.

correcaminos

No, I'm talking about making people get off the sofa so you can go to bed, if that's your bed, lol. They don't tend to sit on your bed if it's just a bed. Had this scenario just this past week, had to tell the in-laws to GIT so the kids could go to bed lol.
Oh to me that's no different with beds vs not. But we tend to leave beds open. People sit on them as beds too 😆

CastAStone

Premium Member
Bay Lake Tower
Deluxe Studio Villa - 339 sq ft
One Bedroom Villa - 803 sq ft
Grand Villa - 2142 sq ft
I’m curious what the range is here. It feels like the larger BLT rooms are 20% or even 30% larger than the smaller ones.

CaptainAmerica

My two cents... The Poly has a storage problem. There are very few drawers, and lots of them are crappy quality where you feel like you're going to rip the thing off the track every time you open it. I love the resort, but I wouldn't put more than 2 or 3 adults in one of those rooms.

The Poly laundry room also might be the poorest-maintained spot I've ever seen on Disney property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom