Room Keys

upspatty

Hey there,
My sister, her son and I will be visiting POFQ July 17-24 this year.
We have an existing reservation in our names for 2 rooms. Our Mom and sister will be staying with us for 4 of the 8 days.

My question is, will they be given room keys? We will still be within the 2 adults per room regulation.

We are looking to take turns watching the baby and don't really want to juggle room keys.

:confused:

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by ajrwdwgirl
The room key is also (usually) your ticket to get into the parks too.
Isn't your room key only your park ticket if you purchase the tickets through the hotel? I'm not sure, so I was just wondering!

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Originally posted by TheDisneyGirl02
Isn't your room key only your park ticket if you purchase the tickets through the hotel? I'm not sure, so I was just wondering!

TheDisneyGirl02

YES. The tix must be purchased through the hotel to have them on your room key.

So Disney's "Buy in Advance and Save" policy is not as convenient b/c each person will ahve a room key and a ticket. And with kids, it gets annoying and confusing.

Hey, can you buy tickets in advance from your Resort???

Upvote 0

crazygirley

BE CAREFUL if the kid has a key that has charging enabled... last summer a woman was going bananna's at World of Disney after her daughter bought a $75 something (I say "something" because the woman just kept screaming at the CM "You let a 11 year old charge $75?") Another woman, this time at AKL, was complaining very loudly to a CM at during her checkout because when her 10-11 year old daughter lost her room key with the charging enabled, something was charged on it. Kids aren't as careful as they should be with them... just a tip!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Originally posted by The_CEO
I believe you can add it to your resort package. Or purchase them at the front desk when checking in :)

Yes. BUT, you cannot add it to a room only reservation (I think). And you don't get the discount if you buy at the front desk.

Upvote 0

The_CEO

The clerk also asks YOU how many room keys do you want with your party... So you decide if your child has charging abilities or not. Your fault your loss.

Upvote 0

Nicole

When we were there last year, we were given a room key for everyone in our party of seven. But they asked us how many we wanted to have charging privileges, so only my DH and I could charge things on our cards.

That woman screaming at the clerk in the store should probably have been taking up the issue with her daughter!!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by NSCMC
When we were there last year, we were given a room key for everyone in our party of seven. But they asked us how many we wanted to have charging privileges, so only my DH and I could charge things on our cards.

That woman screaming at the clerk in the store should probably have been taking up the issue with her daughter!!

I second that! They always ask that question at check-in regarding how many keys will have charging privileges. It's up to the parent/guardian to decide how responsible their child is. We've not had a problem yet. My nephew got a little out of hand one trip. When he realized he had made a duplicate purchase, he immediately returned what he had bought and all was good.

Upvote 0

cindrelly31

Originally posted by crazygirley
BE CAREFUL if the kid has a key that has charging enabled... last summer a woman was going bananna's at World of Disney after her daughter bought a $75 something (I say "something" because the woman just kept screaming at the CM "You let a 11 year old charge $75?") Another woman, this time at AKL, was complaining very loudly to a CM at during her checkout because when her 10-11 year old daughter lost her room key with the charging enabled, something was charged on it. Kids aren't as careful as they should be with them... just a tip!

They can issue room keys without charging privileges for the same rooms. When we stayed at OKW last August, my DSIL & DBIL were the main holders of the room and had charging priv. We were asked if we wanted the same and said "no" to keep it simple.:cool:

Upvote 0

wolf29

I'm with Tigsmom. Take some responsibility for your actions and those of your kids, don't try to blame someone else. We have been asked clearly every time we checked into a resort if we want charging privilages, and on how many keys.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

So if you booked a Dream Maker package through Disney.com at the CBR, the Ultimate Park Hopper Tics will be on your room key? And this Key/card can be used at the parks to charge items back to your room? And all places in the parks take the card (food, shops, kiosks, etc)? And the name of my brother's dog is Butch?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom