Room Charging

Ghostdog

Original Poster
We are seriously thinking of room charging all our dining/snacks during our vacation at Universal. We have never done room charging but thought it may be an easier way to go and then just pay off everything at the end of the trip versus having to whip out the credit card everytime we make a dining/snack purchase. We have an $$$ we want to spend, so I'll definitely keep a running tally of receipts so that everything checks out in the end at checkout.

Any thoughts/tips you can share are appreciated.

JoeCamel

We are seriously thinking of room charging all our dining/snacks during our vacation at Universal. We have never done room charging but thought it may be an easier way to go and then just pay off everything at the end of the trip versus having to whip out the credit card everytime we make a dining/snack purchase. We have an $$$ we want to spend, so I'll definitely keep a running tally of receipts so that everything checks out in the end at checkout.

Any thoughts/tips you can share are appreciated.
Really quite easy, decide how much you want on your room each day and they will put a hold on your card for that much. You will need a little for incidentals that you room key won't work for but not much. Remember that any purchases can be delivered to your hotel unless it is the last day then you can pick them up at the front of the park if you choose to have them sent there

Ghostdog

Original Poster
I've been charging back to my room for 30 years, why wouldn't you? It's just a lot easier. Also I can look at the bill at the end of my stay and it's fresh in my mind what I spent where etc. If a problem does come up it's easier to deal with when you check out. For that matter you can check your bill daily if you want.

So on your credit card statement do the charges show as one total amount or do they show as individual charges?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom