News Ron Jon Surf Shop coming to Disney Springs

DisneyDreamerxyz

this makes me happy. I think there's a small Ron Jon shop in the Orlando Airport.

When I worked at Magic Kingdom, the locker that was given to me had a Ron Jon sticker in it from a previous user. Being new to Florida, I had no idea what that was til later.

WhatJaneSays

I suppose this is likely the replacement for the store that closed at Artagon. Bit of a curious choice, this feels more of a fit for Universal but I'm sure Quiet Flight has a non-compete agreement with City Walk. I could see it doing well as Ron Jon is a very tourist heavy brand. At this kind of location maybe apparel and souvenirs would be more the focus over tons of boards and decks.

Walt d

Yes rj”s its about time! Love the coco beach store, and art deco building. And the lights at night.. will they have channel islands boards? And then the great rj”s t-shirts. This is great for the brand, Now they need a kelly slater wave farm in disney.. cant wait for this. Keep surfing”

I am Timmy

I'm slightly surprised Ron Jon's hasn't taken over the Typhoon Lagoon surf lessons to go along with this.
They used to be the instructors for the surf lessons, my sons used to do it every trip. Although that has been at least 6 years ago, since we tend to go when it's cooler weather now and they don't want to surf when it's chilly. Did this change?

mm121

Yay? LOL. Many years ago after seeing the hundreds of billboards all over the state (or at least I95) I finally made it to one - where I was promptly disappointed.

Kinda like South of the Border. "Pedro says 'keep driving amigo!'" 🤪

Totally agreed, there is nothing UNIQUE about Ron Jon, they sell all the same usual stuff as any common beach shop.

BoarderPhreak

Totally agreed, there is nothing UNIQUE about Ron Jon, they sell all the same usual stuff as any common beach shop.
Exactly! And while it was a two-story shop, it wasn't as large as I expected, nor did it have anything particularly unique.

I did buy my Oakley "Thermonuclear Protection" T-shirt in thermochromic fabric at Disney Springs though! 🔥

Joebradley62

Exactly! And while it was a two-story shop, it wasn't as large as I expected, nor did it have anything particularly unique.

I did buy my Oakley "Thermonuclear Protection" T-shirt in thermochromic fabric at Disney Springs though! 🔥
It is just a brand it they have done a good job of making it something people want. Certainly have done quite well from the little shack it started in.

BoarderPhreak

Disappointed in Ron Jon's? The cocoa beach store is pretty cool. I used to go to ron Jon's when it was a little beach shack!
It is just a brand it they have done a good job of making it something people want. Certainly have done quite well from the little shack it started in.
I don't recall which one I went to... Orlando or Clearwater perhaps? Like I said... Not that impressed.

Patcheslee

Disappointed in Ron Jon's? The cocoa beach store is pretty cool. I used to go to ron Jon's when it was a little beach shack!
We went in the Cocoa Beach one last June, DD9 about had her eyes bugging out of her head at all the girls clothes she wanted. I'll probably take her just to get a couple more dresses if she can't find ones she likes at the poly resort shop. Dang kid dresses like a rainbow threw up on her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom