Romantic Ideas?

mwitkus

Hi All!

Hubby and I will be celebrating our anniversary there this Oct and I want to plan the perfect romantic day...

Does anyone have any suggestions? We will definitely need the perfect place for dinner but any ideas for that day would be appreciated as well! Any ideas?

(BTW - It's on a Tuesday in the off season so MK fireworks and parades will most likely be out.)

Thanks!!!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by mwitkus
Hi All!

Hubby and I will be celebrating our anniversary there this Oct and I want to plan the perfect romantic day...

Does anyone have any suggestions? We will definitely need the perfect place for dinner but any ideas for that day would be appreciated as well! Any ideas?

(BTW - It's on a Tuesday in the off season so MK fireworks and parades will most likely be out.)

Thanks!!!

I've been doing this kind of thing for myself and wife the last few times down in October, it's our anniversary as well.

Last year I did a PS for lunch at Garden Grill and asked for the Re-Hitching cerimony. It's fun and free!

I also did a carrage ride over at Fort Wilderness, but you get them at GF as well.

There is also the firework cruse at World Showcase.

As for dinners, we've done a few for anniversary and special occations. Dinner at the castle is good, or Nacosesses as well. You can also try Victoria & Albert's, but it will cost ya.

Or maybe a fun dinner show like the hoop-de-doo review.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

My mom and dad spent a day in the MK....lunch at the Castle....got free desert and champagne....
then headed over to the POLY for the Luau.....and then spent the evening on the beach watching the waterpagent and sunset.....

another idea....

Afternoon at the Boardlwak....sleep in...then head over to the Boardwalk.....eat at one of the restaurants...and explore the shops....theres even a dance club....and play some mini golf too....its not as romantic...but still a good time....

What about a night a Cirgue de Sole....i now its $$$ but I hear its worth it...then Dinner at Fultons...or Planet HollyWood....and an evening at PI or DTD.....

***if your staying on site...don't forget to mention it when u check in...or making PS....you'll get extra's....

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Originally posted by mwitkus
Hi All!

Thanks!!!

I agree with AkiraRaptor that the carriage ride and V&A are both great ideas. What about a day at the spa for two. Both the GF and DI have great spas and a wonderful assortment of treatments for both men and woman. Also, if V&A is too expensive (runs abuot 100.00 each for dinner plus grats) then look into the Bistro in Epcot's French pavillion. It is very quiet, secluded and upscale (but the prices aren't nearly as high as V&A). My husband and I have eaten there many times and it is a nice dinner out, without the hussel and bussel of the real world, and the food is really good too... :slurp:

No matter what you choose to do, have a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

We did this on our honeymoon in October on 99.

Get a priority seating late (9 or 9:15) at the World Showcase somewhere. France makes for a good romantic dinner... or maybe Canada.

But enjoy your dinner and take you time. When you're done you should be able to slowly walk back around the world show case lagoon with almost no one around.

Also, mention to the room assigner or the front desk CM when you check-in that it's your anniversary. Also tell the people at the restaurants. They'll provide a little something special to help you celebrate it.

Upvote 0

Eljay

Pack a nice scented candle for your room, as well as a bottle of wine, a corkscrew & a pair of pretty dollar store wine glasses.

The Boardwalk is very romantic after dark. The Flying Fish or Spoodles are great places to eat on the Boardwalk. This would work well if you are staying at the BWI, YC, BC, Swan or Dolphin.

You could do Leave A Legacy at Epcot in honor of your anniversary.

Don't be shy about asking strangers or CMs to take a picture of the two of you. I've never encountered anyone who wasn't nice about taking a picture. (I often offer to take them for strangers!)

The pool & the hot tub at the AKL are very romantic at night, as well as the rocking chairs around the fire pit with a glass of wine.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Figaro

One of the most romantic things my hubby and I did was have a picnic by the water at the Dixie Landings (atleast that's what it was called then :rolleyes: )

He talked to the CM in the food court and they set up a really nice spread for us with sandwiches, snacks, drinks, etc....enough for about 6 people! Since no one every asked for it before (this was several years ago), they charged him nothing, we just had to return the basket they packed it in.

Since it was the middle of the day, there was hardly anybody at the resort. It was just so nice to find a quiet spot in the middle of Disney to sit and relax and spend some peaceful time together.

We've also done the Illuminations cruise at night. We ordered a bottle of wine and other stuff from room service to be delivered to the dock. It was another really special time.

Since we now have a 3 year old, I don't see us having many more planned romantic moments for sometime :)

Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Crazy4Figment

Since this is a subject on romantic ideas, anyone have a really good or special way to propose to someone at MK or any other WDW park for that matter? The more original or unique the better.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom