Romantic Honeymoon in WDW...need help!

Tocpe

Hi everyone!

My (now) fiancée (soon to be wife) and I will be honeymooning in WDW in mid August and I need the group's help to show her that WDW can be fun *and* romantic. She is having a difficult time believing that WDW can be very magical and romantic place. She's afraid all of WDW is "Mickey Mouse". The last time she went was in 88 and that was with her family and I think they only spent part of the day at the MK... :( I think she's having teenager flashbacks ;-)

We're going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I've been told it's one of the most romantic hotels available "on campus" :). I've also booked us a carriage ride, and the Meal show at the Poly. Can anyone suggest any other ideas for things to do?

We're gonna be there a whole week and even though it'll be the busy season, I don't intend to rush her through trying to see all the rides and stuff. I want her to have a nice time and get "hooked" on the Magic. :)

We're planing on having at least on nice quiet sit-down dinner. Does anyone have any comments on the following restaurants?: Cinderella's Royal Table, Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canadian Pavillion, or the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club? Any other suggestions will be more than welcome. We're not big on seafood, though :)

Thanks everyone for your help!
Jason

CrisKennedy

My husband and I ate at Cinderella's Royal Table on our honeymoon. The food was very good and the atmosphere is incredible... the waiters call you "My Lord" and "My Lady". Another excellent restaurant is Artist Pointe in Wilderess Lodge.

Upvote 0

Tocpe

Original Poster
Yeah, we looked at the menu for Artist Pointe. It looked nice, but not quite our tastes. We're more meat and potatoes kinda folks. :) Artist Pointe looked like it had a lot of seafood and items that weren't quite our dish. :)

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

If you're looking for magical and romantic, you can't beat Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba at Downtown Disney. It's awesome.

Also, something that you might not have thought of that she might really enjoy is High Tea at the Grand Floridian. It's not something a lot of people would think of as romantic but my brother and his girlfreind really loved it, and I did it with my mom. They serve champagne and mimosas and other cocktails in addition to tea which helps with the romance factor, too.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
CRT

Cindy's Royal Table was good. The food is good (very small selection) and the atmosphere is great. We went there the first night of our honeymoon. However one thing we BOTH did not like was that the setup takes away from some of the romanticism. You are in the middle of the room. It's set up like a cafeteria. It's a small area and you don't get that "by yourself" feel.

don't get me wrong, some may not care about that, and if you don't it's a great place. However, just because it's small don't feel that you have the place to yourself.

I just like a place where you can be more on your own in a tall backed booth.

San Angel inn has a better atmosphere and food than Cindy's royal table but you run into the same thing there with the cramped style.

Upvote 0

Pippa

if your fiancee is a chocoholic, which most women are! get the hotel bakery to bake her a chocolate cake and have it delievered to your room! My fiance did this for me at the Boardwalk a few years back and it was delicious! I think it only cost about $25.

Upvote 0
Not sure what civileng68 means about cafeteria style at CRT, but we ate there on our honeymoon and loved it. Timed the reservations to the fireworks, they lower the lights and play the music and you can see the fireworks through the windows. If you tell them it's your honeymoon, they usually sprinkle your table with "pixie dust" and give you a set of wine goblets with the restaurant logo on them. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

I don't know if you have a "budget" but another thing we loved was Victoria and Albert's -- it's costly and the food sounds strange sometimes, but we're very picky eaters and both found something for each course that we truly loved. One of the best Disney experiences we've ever had!

Another great place is California Grill -- top floor of the Contemporary with a view of MK. At night, it's breathtaking and the fireworks are amazing from there as well. And they're very good about "adjusting" food to your liking. If you decide to go there, plan a reservation about an hour before the fireworks, get there a little early and tell the hostess it's your honeymoon and ask for a window seat (same goes for O'hana as they have a fireworks view, too -- not sure if you were talking about that or the Luau at the Polynesian).

Depending on the timing of your Polynesian dinner, if the fireworks haven't happened yet, I recommend getting some snacks from the snack bar at Poly, staking a place on the beach -- a swing or hammock if you can get it -- and watching the fireworks from there. VERY ROMANTIC!

And Wilderness Lodge is where we stayed for half of our honeymoon (we did the cruise package for part and WL wasn't an option then, so we did Beach Club for the rest). It's our favorite resort -- I could spend a day there just searching for hidden Mickey's, enjoying the pool and hot tubs, renting boats, watching the geyser, etc. It's absolutely beautiful! Good choice!

Another thing that's very nice is a fireworks boat cruise -- you can get them for MK or Epcot fireworks. Not sure of prices but you can check with 407-wdisney for the correct way to find prices and reservations.

There have been several threads in the last few weeks about honeymoon tips and advice as well -- try searching the forums for "honeymoon" and I bet you'll get a bunch of other ideas.

Enjoy! I'm sure she'll be amazed at how magical and romantic (and non-Disney) a Disney vacation can be!

Upvote 0

Tocpe

Original Poster
Re: CRT

Originally posted by civileng68
Cindy's Royal Table was good. The food is good (very small selection) and the atmosphere is great. We went there the first night of our honeymoon. However one thing we BOTH did not like was that the setup takes away from some of the romanticism. You are in the middle of the room. It's set up like a cafeteria. It's a small area and you don't get that "by yourself" feel.

don't get me wrong, some may not care about that, and if you don't it's a great place. However, just because it's small don't feel that you have the place to yourself.

I just like a place where you can be more on your own in a tall backed booth.

San Angel inn has a better atmosphere and food than Cindy's royal table but you run into the same thing there with the cramped style.

Thanks for the info. I think we're like you guys, we'd like to have our own tall backed booth too. Other than the San Angel, can you or anyone else out there think of any other romantic restaurant that might fit the bill? :)

Upvote 0

Tocpe

Original Poster
Originally posted by Married@WDW
Not sure what civileng68 means about cafeteria style at CRT, but we ate there on our honeymoon and loved it. Timed the reservations to the fireworks, they lower the lights and play the music and you can see the fireworks through the windows. If you tell them it's your honeymoon, they usually sprinkle your table with "pixie dust" and give you a set of wine goblets with the restaurant logo on them. We thoroughly enjoyed it!
Awww... now I'm torn. I don't know if we should try Cindy's or not...What's the menu like?
I don't know if you have a "budget" but another thing we loved was Victoria and Albert's -- it's costly and the food sounds strange sometimes, but we're very picky eaters and both found something for each course that we truly loved. One of the best Disney experiences we've ever had!
Yeah, V&A's is a bit much for us price wise...maybe the next time. :)
Another great place is California Grill
We might try that one. Thanks for the cool tips. :)
-- not sure if you were talking about that or the Luau at the Polynesian).
I was talking about the Luau, I keep forgetting the name of the thing. What's it called again? Oh and thanks for the cool tips on the Poly beach I think we might do that instead of the Californian Grill. She likes the water so it'd be perfect. :)
Another thing that's very nice is a fireworks boat cruise -- you can get them for MK or Epcot fireworks. Not sure of prices but you can check with 407-wdisney for the correct way to find prices and reservations.
Yeah, we looked into that, too pricey this time around. Maybe next time. :)

Thanks again for all the great ideas!

Upvote 0

welshtigger

:sohappy: just thought i would say that i'm getting married on the 23rd aug here in the uk and then have 2 weeks at the cbr and then a week at st. petes to relax as our honeymoon.
. my sister went to disney in may so she has allready bought us the wedding mickey ears, i guess we might look stupid but i'm sure we will get lots of things free, has any one else worn these and was it worth it??

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I just did another honeymoon for a client. Did you book a honeymoon pkg or the romance plan? If you need help. contact me. ( please remind me of this thread and that you are a WDWMagic member) I have a whole list of stuff you can do.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom