Roger Rabbit Must Appear on the "House of Mouse" TV show!

disneyphilip

Original Poster
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Roger Rabbit appearance on the "House of Mouse" TV show.

I hope (and I'm certain) that the show's production staff is still trying to get him in there somehow, even for at least only one episode or if they just have to resort to sneaking him into backgrounds/audience shots/crowd scenes!

I think a Roger Rabbit appearance on the House of Mouse series would be more agreeable than a new Roger Rabbit feature film (which I still think would be nice to see as well, though).

Besides, the HoM is located in Toontown. Roger is one of the first (if not the first) character that comes to mind when thinking of Toontown and you can't have a Toontown without Roger Rabbit.

However, Benny the Cab appeared in one episode. If they can get Benny, then they can somehow get Roger as well--they'll have to, even if they have to "sneak him in".

Cameos by Jessica, Baby Herman and Judge Doom's Weasel henchmen would be nice, too.

Besides, Roger still appears in Disney theme parks, resorts, merchandise and artwork from time-to-time. Why so? Any answers to this mystery?

Roger IS a "Disney" character, anyway (at least he's partially owned by Disney). Mktiggerman is wrong when he says he's not a Disney character. (No offense, Rob...if you're out there.)

Maybe (and hopefully) the "legal battles" will soon cease--these battles can't go on forever, you know! (Sometimes, I wish that Disney would just buy back or take back Steven Spielberg's interest in the Roger characters.)

They couldn't get the rights to use King Louie as the focus of an episode, even though King Louie DID appear in backgrounds/crowd scenes/audience shots in other episodes.

So, if King Louie can ONLY appear on the show as a mere non-talking "background" character, then I'm sure that they can at least do the same thing with Roger Rabbit (using his image and likeness, just not his voice)--that probably wouldn't be too much of a jump in legalities either. It'd at least be like drawing a mere picture or illustration of him.

In case some of you don't quite understand, there's a difference between a character just appearing in a background doing nothing and a character appearing in the foreground, talking and being "active".

If they can still at least use Roger's image and likeness (just not his voice) in other sources, then I'm sure that his image and likeness (just not his voice) can at least still be used in movies and TV shows (such as the "House of Mouse") as well.

Let's hope for the best here, everyone.

So long.

P.S.--Regarding King Louie...the episode that became "King Larry Swings In" was originally written as "King Louie Swings In", but it was changed when the wife of Louis Prima (the original voice of King Louie) came along, saying that he (Prima) partially created the character, so she felt that she should get some money.--this led to the HoM production staff changing that episode, taking out King Louie and "creating" his twin brother King Larry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom