Rocket Launch

JennSmith

Original Poster
So there is a launch scheduled for Tuesday, the 12th at around 1145 am. Where is the best place on the beach to see it and what time do you think we should plan on getting there? We wanted to visit the beach anyway. So ya know 2 birds, one stone :)

lazyboy97o

You should have no problem seeing the launch anywhere from the beach in Cape Canaveral or even down in Cocoa Beach. Just look north and you’ll see it lift off and head out over the Atlantic. Be sure to keep watching afterwards because the rocket will also be doing a land landing back at Canaveral.

JennSmith

Original Poster
You should have no problem seeing the launch anywhere from the beach in Cape Canaveral or even down in Cocoa Beach. Just look north and you’ll see it lift off and head out over the Atlantic. Be sure to keep watching afterwards because the rocket will also be doing a land landing back at Canaveral.
So what time would you plan on getting to the beach if the launch is scheduled for 1146? Like will there be a ton of people trying to find a spot?

lazyboy97o

So what time would you plan on getting to the beach if the launch is scheduled for 1146? Like will there be a ton of people trying to find a spot?
I don’t think crowds will be much of a problem given the time of year and time of day. If anything, I would expect maybe a bit of traffic on FL 520 on the bridge into Cape Canaveral (right before the cruise terminal if you’ve ever been on a cruise) as people do like to stop along the highway to watch.

Outside of a few place, even in the height of summer Cocoa Beach is never really crowded. I haven’t been to a beach in Cape Canaveral but I would be very shocked if it was busier. You’ll just want to pay attention for any schedule changes and be flexible. Even if you walked onto the beach at 11:40 you’d probably be fine.

Also, bring a phone with data with you. FloridaToday.com/Space does updates and a webcast of the launch. You’re still a few miles from the launch pad so this way you can see the initial take off. The webcast has a slight time delay, but don’t worry about missing it with your own eyes.

JennSmith

Original Poster
I don’t think crowds will be much of a problem given the time of year and time of day. If anything, I would expect maybe a bit of traffic on FL 520 on the bridge into Cape Canaveral (right before the cruise terminal if you’ve ever been on a cruise) as people do like to stop along the highway to watch.

Outside of a few place, even in the height of summer Cocoa Beach is never really crowded. I haven’t been to a beach in Cape Canaveral but I would be very shocked if it was busier. You’ll just want to pay attention for any schedule changes and be flexible. Even if you walked onto the beach at 11:40 you’d probably be fine.

Also, bring a phone with data with you. FloridaToday.com/Space does updates and a webcast of the launch. You’re still a few miles from the launch pad so this way you can see the initial take off. The webcast has a slight time delay, but don’t worry about missing it with your own eyes.
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom