Rock N Roller Coaster rehab?

kik4adog

Original Poster
On the latest Mousetunes Podcast Lou reported a rumor (or maybe it was a fact...I'm not sure) that Rock N Roller Coaster would be down for most of the month of January.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard this or has heard any more information regarding what they will be doig to the attraction.

I can't imagine them doing any major changes to it other than adding some additional props. And it seems like to long of a time period just to undergo routine maintenance. But then what do I know? haha.

~Bryan~

raven

I heard this too in another thread. Most likely the rehab is for painting and cleaning. Nothing big. The roof was designed to be removed if they needed to replace the track but I'm sure nothing that major is planned.

metscool

The roof was designed to be removed if they needed to replace the track but I'm sure nothing that major is planned.
Really or is this another thing like the castle. How sprilles can be removed in case of a hurricane. Is this true?

I don't think that they will do anything to the roller coaster. But what I think what they will do is update the songs in the cars and maybe update the sound system in them too.

Stitch69

I hope the dates are wrong. It was said it would be closed during the marathon weekend when I am going to be there. I hope since marathon weekend is now a big deal that they are open for all the runners to screammmmm our heads off! :sohappy:

ilovepluto23

is this supposed to be the whole month of January or just a portion of January??

I will be there from Jan 8-13. I hope it doesn't affect my trip :(

majortom1981

hmm

I do not think its for replacing track. I did not feel any rough patches when I rode it last week.

I think it will be for general maintanance.

Remember there is some maintanance that can be done on the trains too .Especially since they have other things like speakers in them.

Also maybe some adjustments made to the Lims?

ilovepluto23

But what I think what they will do is update the songs in the cars and maybe update the sound system in them too.

I sure hope they fix the music. For the past 3 years, everytime I've ridden RnRc the music is either cutting off constantly, fuzzy, or non-existent. It puts a damper on the attraction...fix the stuff already!

Thurp

I rode it twice last night and the music was perfect both times. However, during the 2nd time around they seemed to be having problems with the limos. Not sure what was going on. There was a big delay between limos and there was a supervisor helping run the ride and would often walk over to unload to see what was going on.

doop

I sure hope they fix the music. For the past 3 years, everytime I've ridden RnRc the music is either cutting off constantly, fuzzy, or non-existent. It puts a damper on the attraction...fix the stuff already!
That's the truth, the sound could use a revamping, but I really hope it's just minor things being done, I love that ride just the way it is.

metscool

I hated it too. THe last time that I rode it we had FP and then as soon as we got them we went on the ride. The first time it was good. We heard Dude looks like a Lady. As soon as we got off we went on TT and as soon as we got off the wait time was as long as the time that was on TT and TT had the same wait time that RNR had when we rode the ride the first time. It did a switch of times. So when we came up to the CM to show her the FP she let us in even though we were there 10 minutes before the time was on the passes. I don't want people going to RNR and handing them the FP 10 minutes early OK. Baack to the story. SO when we went though the line and when went though the stuff and when we went iin the car and the car's speakers were going on and off though the whole ride. I hated that so much.

Alztybrn

When I rode it this summer it did seem much rougher to me than in the past. I have ridden this ride countless times, but it definately seemed rougher to me this past summer. Maybe a little work on the limo's and we will be good to go!

Those that talk about the music going out, I can definately see where that would ruin the experience for you. Aerosmith is my favorite band, and the music is what helps make the ride!

Space Mountain

On the latest Mousetunes Podcast Lou reported a rumor (or maybe it was a fact...I'm not sure) that Rock N Roller Coaster would be down for most of the month of January.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard this or has heard any more information regarding what they will be doig to the attraction.

I can't imagine them doing any major changes to it other than adding some additional props. And it seems like to long of a time period just to undergo routine maintenance. But then what do I know? haha.

~Bryan~

Yearly maint. on the trains, and maybe some touch ups on the theming in small areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom