Rock n Coaster Queen revamp?

Tanna Eros

How much do you think using one band over another really matters? After all, its the thrill of the ride thats hooked guests. There are many different bands with well known songs and songs that could easily connect as much excitement as Aerosmith's music. At the end of the day if band A, B or C replaces Aerosmith, there will be some grumbling from the attraction purists who hate any change, while IMHO the majority of guests wont give a hoot. Its the thrill of the ride itself that brings the joy and keeps the line building.
There's some brand loyalty, maybe? I like both Queen and Aerosmith, hearing either wouldn't change the ride so much for me, but I see that big iconic guitar and think, "Joe Perry". Queen is like that Amazon music commercial, big teeth and a mustache.
I don't know how comfortable I would feel walking through a big toothed and mustache-ode mouth to get on a roller coaster.

(Darth Figment, your av is a million bucks! :) )

Bairstow

How much do you think using one band over another really matters? After all, its the thrill of the ride thats hooked guests. There are many different bands with well known songs and songs that could easily connect as much excitement as Aerosmith's music. At the end of the day if band A, B or C replaces Aerosmith, there will be some grumbling from the attraction purists who hate any change, while IMHO the majority of guests wont give a hoot. Its the thrill of the ride itself that brings the joy and keeps the line building.

That's true if we're talking about a straight-up replacement refurb, but there are ways they could refresh the attraction by enhancing the preshow and boarding areas, and possibly completely revisioning the theming in the spaghetti bowl area that would change the equation. Up until now, most indoor coasters have had little to no theming during their fast portions besides lighting and static plywood decorations. Supposedly, the Guardians coaster is going to change the paradigm. That's yet to be seen, but I think that there's the potential there to utterly transform the current ride experience. Will it happen? Probably not, but my gut tells me that we're all about to have to reevaluate what is and is not possible when it comes to indoor coasters and theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom