River Country news

walthimself05

Original Poster
When at WDW this April River Country was closed for touch ups. I asked a cast member when it would reopen and he said never. Then he told me to come back in a year and visit Fort Wilderness's new pool. Rumor has it that they are going to make it so that its not a waterpark but not a crappy pool, if u get what im sayin.

Thanks Brandon:sohappy:

WDWspider

:D I think this is a good idea that is long overdue. Now, if they could just come up with something to do with the old Discovery Island.

Beauty and the

I think it would be a great loss to WDW for River Country to become the pool area for Fort Wilderness, our family have always enjoyed our days at RC as it is completely different from the other two water parks, much less hustle and bustle a great place for a relax and sunbath as the kids are always in view.

WDWspider

All the more reason to stay at Fort Wilderness, plus it could leave the slate wide open for a new Water Park if needed. I also think it fits into Fort Wilderness very well and could be shared by Wilderness Lodge also.

If they do this, I wonder if it will be included in the DVC pool hopping program. They're taking away our access to the Yacht & Beach Club pool because the BCV will add so many more guests to that pool area, so being able to use RC for free with be a nice perk!

Pioneer Hall

Even if they do make it a pool area for Fort Wilderness (which I doubt they will), they will not give you everything River COuntry gave you. there will only be a couple of slides and the pool area. Nothing much more.

Disney campers

This rumor has been around for years, it would be nice but would have a high overhead to maintain. if it does turn into the Theme Pool for FW & WL it would be scaled back, it would not be River Country as we all know it.

walthimself05

Original Poster
PROOF

PROOF of this is in the brochures at WDW if you look at the water parks section all it shows is Typhoon lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Sumthin has to be goin on

Walt148

I read at intercot that someone saw workers taking thr river country sign of the purple direction boards. RIP River Country

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
:D I think this is a good idea that is long overdue. Now, if they could just come up with something to do with the old Discovery Island.

As far as I know, Discovery Island became some sort of national park or environmental reserve.

Liver Lips

Too bad if RC is really being close forever...I remember going there as a young boy before the huge water parks were the status quo. RIP RC. It was rally nice while it lasted!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom