RIP Eddie Carroll 1933-2010 (Voice of Jiminy Cricket)

J.E.Smith

Original Poster
Oh man...first we loose Wayne Allwine last year and now this:

The International Jack Benny Fan Club is reporting that Eddie Carroll, voice of iconic Disney character Jiminy Cricket since 1973, has passed away at the age of 76.

Carroll assumed the role after the death of Cliff Edwards in 1971 and had voiced the famous cricket for all manner of Disney media over the course of nearly 40 years, including the Kingdom Hearts video game series.

Full story here:
http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/eddie-carroll/

_Scar

:(

I never even noticed Jiminy had a new voice (well, I've never actually thought about it!). He sounds exactly like the original! Now everytime I hear Wishes I will be thinking of him. )':

He sure made a great conscience though...

RIP

SoccerMickey

I had the pleasure of meeting Eddie many times and he had to be one of the sweetest, funniest men you have ever met; especially when his OTHER alter ego, Jack Benny would come out. Jack Benny is long before my time but Eddie Carroll had me in stitches doing his routine of his that it made me a Benny fan.
Eddie would tell a story many times about how he got to be the voice of jiminy that proved that Disney dreams can come true. When he was little and saw pinocchio for the first time he told his mother that jiminy cricket was his best friend and his mother got so tired of hearing about jiminy that finally he said that he was his best friend and when he grows up he's still going to be his best friend. He couldn't imagine that he could get as close to jiminy as he was up until the day he died. I am going to take a ride to the polynesian tonight, order a cocktail at the pool bar, and raise a toast to Eddie Carroll tonight as I watch Wishes from the beach.

I am going to take a ride to the polynesian tonight, order a cocktail at the pool bar, and raise a toast to Eddie Carroll tonight as I watch Wishes from the beach.

That's a great idea. Wish I was closer than 2 1/2 hours or I'd join you.

RIP Eddie, we WILL remember that it all starts with a wish...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom