Ridley Scott working on third Alien prequel for Disney?

Darkprime

Original Poster
Variety put out a great piece covering Alien's 40th anniversary and included this little nugget of info.
“Alien” made $105 million worldwide back in 1979 — the adjusted gross is $283.5 million — and spawned three sequels, two crossovers with the “Predator” franchise, and two prequels, 2012’s “Prometheus” and 2017’s “Alien: Covenant,” both directed by Scott. A third prequel, which he will direct, is in the script phase.

Disney said back at Cinemacon it had plans to continue some of Fox's major franchises including. Kingsman, Planet of the Apes, Die-Hard and Alien. Could Disney have quietly given Ridley Scott the green light for a third prequel?

mf1972

back when covenant was out, i’ve read somewhere that scott would make another alien movie. considering how that one ended, i would hope so.

Indy_UK

Is that all it's made with Inflation? Blimey

Disney should strip it away from Ridley who has no clue anymore on the franchise and get Neil Blomkamp to direct future films with a reboot

Tony Perkis

Neil is very passionate about the franchise and is the right person to breath new life into Aliens
I’ve kind of backtracked a bit on this a bit. After District 9, I was 100% on board with this. I recently rewatched it, and it still holds up immensely well.

But Chappie and Elysium were grand science fiction idea films with major script and execution faults, which is where I think the two recently Alien prequels suffered the most as well. I’d need to see more than cool concept art to get back on this bandwagon fully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom