Rides getting refurb or re-hab

sseguin613

Original Poster
Hi, i've read that Pirates of the Carribean might be getting re-habbed.

What about Space Mountain? Will it get redone like California's? Did WDW Space Mountain originally have double wide rockets then get switched to Single ? I saw something like this on a disney FAQ website, but i could have read wrong.

Any other rides getting refurbs?

General Grizz

Pirates of the Caribbean may either have a quick refurbishment to install the movie characters or a very long one, if management decides to clear the building of asbestos. This should begin in 2006.

The Haunted Mansion may be given a refurbishment - it really needs one. This will most likely be in 2006 or 2007... I would hope so, at least.

Space Mountain will probably have some form of refurbishment, whether this means changing the entire ride to be like Disneyland's or not. This may begin by 2008.

Carousel of Progress may have its exterior repainted, according to a representative. An online rumor states that the Audio-Animatronics figures may be "updated" next year. Personally, I think it should be given (Disneyland's) Enchanted Tiki Room treatment.

The Living Seas will be closing August 22nd for a major refurbishment that will probably last through November. Spaceship Earth and the Universe of Energy may have significant changes before 2007.

Remember, only THE LIVING SEAS project has been announced. All else is rumor.

Tim G

sseguin613 said:
Did WDW Space Mountain originally have double wide rockets then get switched to Single ?
IMO the seating was always that way
Japan Does have double wide rockets, because the way you have to sit in the original rockets... and that's not done in the japanese culture... so in Japan you ride SM side by side

Expo_Seeker40

Space Mountain for WDW has always had single seating. However from 1975-into the late 80s or early 90s [Before the new tomorrowland] the seating arrangment may have been different. I don't remember, but I think presently it is two cars, carrying three riders. Making a capacity of 6 then. Back then I beleive the capacity was to hold 8 possibly. Anyhow the cars themselves were changed with the new tomorrowland I believe. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom