Rides for very tiny people :)

NickMaio

Original Poster
We are taking our 9 month little one to WDW very soon.

I know we can go on rides that have no height restriction. I wanted to know some recommended rides for a 9 month. He might be attached to me via a carrier or sitting between us or on your lap.

This is our first trip with our mini-me..
We are going to Magic Kingdom and possibly Epcot.
Thanks
NM

ninjaprincesst

Little ones do well on peter Pan, Small world, Jungle Cruise, they are allowed to ride haunted mansion and POC but considering the dark themes it might be too scary for such a little on, my daughter absolute favorite was Kilimanjaro Safari. Im not sure about Frozen, it's pretty tame except for the little spot where it goes backwards kind of fast and has a small drop, it might scare a little one.

CaptainAmerica

Little ones do well on peter Pan, Small world, Jungle Cruise, they are allowed to ride haunted mansion and POC but considering the dark themes it might be too scary for such a little on, my daughter absolute favorite was Kilimanjaro Safari. Im not sure about Frozen, it's pretty tame except for the little spot where it goes backwards kind of fast and has a small drop, it might scare a little one.
Babies are oblivious to what's going on in Mansion and Pirates. My daughter wasn't scared at all until she was about 3.

One thing to absolutely NOT go on is Carousel of Progress. Because of its hybrid nature as a ride and a show, it's the worst of both worlds with a baby that starts to cry or get fussy. A ride is over quickly and most shows you can get up and leave if you have to, but if you get trapped on CoP with a fussy baby, you're trapped for the duration.

kimberlymautz

My son was 7m old when we went in May. He LOVED It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, and didn't mind Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom and really loved Finding Nemo, the 3 Cabaneros, and Living with the Land at Epcot. He did NOT like Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth. We discovered on our Epcot day that he does NOT like dark rides and cried or hid himself in the crook of my neck the entire time. I was surprised he liked Pirates, but weirder things have happened. Haha.

He was ADORABLE with the characters though. We had quite a few character medals and he LOVED interacting with them.

Have a great trip!

PeoplemoverTTA

My son was 7m old when we went in May. He LOVED It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, and didn't mind Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom and really loved Finding Nemo, the 3 Cabaneros, and Living with the Land at Epcot. He did NOT like Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth. We discovered on our Epcot day that he does NOT like dark rides and cried or hid himself in the crook of my neck the entire time. I was surprised he liked Pirates, but weirder things have happened. Haha.

He was ADORABLE with the characters though. We had quite a few character medals and he LOVED interacting with them.

Have a great trip!

My little girl will be 7 months on our trip next month and my husband and I were just wondering how she'll do with the characters. I have never been to WDW with a small child (my stepson was 10 when we took him for the first time on our wedding trip), so all of a sudden I feel like a newbie!

NickMaio

Original Poster
My little girl will be 7 months on our trip next month and my husband and I were just wondering how she'll do with the characters. I have never been to WDW with a small child (my stepson was 10 when we took him for the first time on our wedding trip), so all of a sudden I feel like a newbie!
We had the same thought, with our 9 month old.
We are just going to see how it goes with character pictures :)

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My nephew liked the slow dark rides. He really liked the boat ride in the Mexico pavilion when he was 8 mos. Now he is 2 and a half and its still one of his favorites. At that young of an age they won't likely be scared by Haunted Mansion, or POTC.

NickMaio

Original Poster
My nephew liked the slow dark rides. He really liked the boat ride in the Mexico pavilion when he was 8 mos. Now he is 2 and a half and its still one of his favorites. At that young of an age they won't likely be scared by Haunted Mansion, or POTC.
Thanks, we will be there next week.
Can't wait😊

boilerpicc

The Hall of Presidents and The American Adventure are both great for naps. Dark, air conditioned, and not too loud. Both of my kids slept like champs in there when they were little. They also took great naps on Kilimanjaro Safari. Something about the bumpiness of the car put them both to sleep.

Also, my kids both loved the characters when they were babies. My daughter didn't start getting shy around them until age 4.

kimberlymautz

20180511_094145.jpg
20180511_094200.jpg
20180511_165638.jpg
20180513_145713.jpg
20180513_145857.jpg
20180513_145910.jpg
IMG_20180513_163556_759.jpg

Obviously all kids are different, but my son was absolutely fascinated by the characters! We also met tons of other characters, I just unfortunately dont have their photos accessible.

PeoplemoverTTA

View attachment 294355View attachment 294360View attachment 294361View attachment 294362View attachment 294363View attachment 294364View attachment 294365

Obviously all kids are different, but my son was absolutely fascinated by the characters! We also met tons of other characters, I just unfortunately dont have their photos accessible.

Oh my gosh my heart is melting!! 😍 If my daughter has the same reactions I will be a bawling mess my entire trip. 😂 So sweet!

boilerpicc

Oh my gosh my heart is melting!! 😍 If my daughter has the same reactions I will be a bawling mess my entire trip. 😂 So sweet!

No shame in that. I cried like a blubbering idiot the first time my daughter saw Mickey. And of course that was the day that they were doing a survey at the end wondering how our character experience was - "*SOB* This is the greatest *SOB* moment *SOB* of my life!"

NickMaio

Original Poster
Thanks everyone - Got back a few weeks ago. We had the time of our lives. We even stayed an extra week. 3 weeks on FL. Can't wait to do it again.
Tips were awesome and a big help.
We are officially not baby WDW newbies anymore:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom