Rider swap gives you free fast passes?

jade karl pavilion

Original Poster
Hi Folks,

I've read a couple of posts from here and Disney's Mom's Panel about this. Does rider swap allow you stretch your fast passes? So my wife and I could select different fast passes for the day and each rider swap we do will allow the "2nd group" to get into the FP queue without needing a FP? I don't really hear a lot about this. How do folks feel about it? Have you done it? Does it work well?

docdebbi

it is what people do. and the word is out there. it is not how it was originally intended but it works. disney clamped down on selling of paper rider swaps by putting them on the magic band, and claimed and started ( I heard) to require all people using FP line with the first group to prove they had FP for the rest of the group but backed off of that I think, since people are now reporting they were not asked.
who knows what disney's plan for the future of this is?

Weather_Lady

Word is the system is all-digital now (checking MagicBands of all persons in the party to confirm entitlements), in order to combat the very kind of use (or misuse) the OP seems to be contemplating. While I'm sure some people might still get away with it, use this strategy at your own peril and be prepared to be banished to the standby line if you don't have a FP+. And since the OP mentioned the Mom's Panel, a word of caution -- always treat the Mom's Panel with a healthy dose of skepticism: despite being Disney-sponsored, they can (and often do) give advice that is outdated and/or 100% incorrect.

https://anopensuitcase.com/wdw-rider-switch-digital-change/

https://wdwuntangled.com/rider-switch/

Last edited:

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I’m sure people do it but I wouldn’t risk it. I had heard of people not being allowed to do it on major attractions like Frozen and 7 Dwarfs. But that could just be rumor. It’s been a while since I used it, but I think I remember on Big Thunder the cast member had us all tag in with our fast passes before issuing the rider swap.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Luckily this thread hasn't picked up much traction, or else the virtue signalers would have been here in force. OP, you got off lucky.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Luckily this thread hasn't picked up much traction, or else the virtue signalers would have been here in force. OP, you got off lucky.

Thank goodness! I've already repented to the Disney gods just in case...
That's OK because we're watching... we're always watching...
1541174685258.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom