RIDEMAKERZ to close in its currently location on April 30 2011

menamechris

I wonder if something else is ready to go in there - or if they are just bailing. DTD definetly does not need an empty storefront of that size...

Mansion Butler

I really want to build one of those things every time I go in, but it's just so expensive.

Also, going inside feels weird because it's just a bizarre use of so much space. All those shelves are spread out more than they need to be anyway, and it's still not enough to mask how much empty room there is in every direction.

scpergj

I dont really like this store My fiance wanted to build one it was around 200.00

It could be worse - could be like me! I used to race them, and the cars I used to race (totally set up - radio, batteries, tires, all electronics, motor, ect) were in the THOUSANDS of dollars - never mind the entry fees, extra sets of batteries and tires, that sort of thing........

after we had our first child....the racing thing went away. Except now he's 13 and loves to run the off-road trucks...!!!!!

JimboJones123

But the shells are just $13!

Scam-o-Rama.

Start building. You want it to work, $50 more bucks. Want a control, $50 MORE bucks. Battery $30 MORE!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Just designed a custom ride without the remote control feature, just 31 bucks. kinda cheap for a Disney world souvenir

lazyboy97o

I wonder if something else is ready to go in there - or if they are just bailing. DTD definetly does not need an empty storefront of that size...
If Ridemakerz is totally bailing then that either means bad things about Downtown Disney or the chain in general. Build-A-Bear is an investor, but not the owner of Ridemakerz. Disney, through both Downtown Disney districts and the Disney Stores, is the primary means by which people are being introduced to Ridemakerz.

Ignohippo

From what I understood, from my conversations with a store manager back in November (that I posted here on the boards), Ridemakerz is moving to Hyperion Wharf and the Virgin Store is being carved into multiple stores (like a mini-mall).

I don't know if things have changed due to the economy, and that they have decided to close rather than relocate, but he seemed to indicate that it was a done deal that they were moving to the old PI section. From the way he talked, it didn't seem to be a question of if, it seemed to be a question of when.

I hope it doesn't close. Whether you like it or not, it's a really unique offering and the type of thing DTD needs more of.

lcsrig

My son built a car at the Ridemakerz here in DL this weekend. A lil pricey but so is all of Disney. Hope they open somewhere else. Creativity drives the human spirit!

71jason

Didn't this store only sign a 2 year lease or something?

Doubt it was even that long. The make-shift Princess Di museum was in there for a while, and has been mentioned, they never did any sort of remodeling on the store. You can still see (Mickey-themed) CD shelves hanging on the columns, and huge swathes of glassed-in empty space.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It could be worse - could be like me! I used to race them, and the cars I used to race (totally set up - radio, batteries, tires, all electronics, motor, ect) were in the THOUSANDS of dollars - never mind the entry fees, extra sets of batteries and tires, that sort of thing........

after we had our first child....the racing thing went away. Except now he's 13 and loves to run the off-road trucks...!!!!!
I know what you mean. I had an R/C dragster with more than a grand in it in the late 80's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom