Ride Review

Figment111184

Original Poster
Iam going to Disney World the second week in August for the 6th time. The last time I went was 9 years ago when I was 12. I just had questions on some rides. I personally do not like huge thrill rides but am ok with some roller coasters. I basically dont like anything that goes upside down (so I guess the rockin roller coaster is out lol) or anything that will make me sick (Mission:Space) but I just had questions on a couple rides. I also do not think I will be riding Tower of Terror lol. Yea I'm a big chicken but I have my brave moments lol. And most of the time if its not an extreme thrill ride I will get my self to go on but I just like to know what I'm headed for in advance.

Everest...From what I've read its thrilling but not so scary.

Dinosaur- It is listed as a thrill ride but I wasn't sure what that meant. How scary is it and what is the ride exactly.

Space Mountain- Yes its always been at WDW but I never got myself to go on. lol I didn't like not being able to see the tracks. How is it? I know are no upside down turns but how big are the hills and how scary is it.

I think these are the only new thrill rides I haven't been on. Everything else I went on during past trips or if they're new, seem to not be scary at all. If you have any rides to add, feel free. Thanks.

Nemo14

I'm not a thrill-rider either, but there is nothing at WDW that I don't do, with the possible exception of Mission:Space.(did it once, just don't have any desire to do it again). I rode Everest in February, and I loved it! It's kind of on the same level of "scarey" as BTMRR, but much smoother. You do go backwards at one point, but not upside-down.
Dinosaur is OK - another "do it once or twice" ride - not one of my favorites.
I'm not a big fan of Space Mountain because I hurt my neck on it a few years ago (don't ride in the back seat).

Don't miss Soarin' though, and actually if you can muster up the courage, give RnRC a try. Yes it goes upside-down, but it is very smooth and a lot of fun.
Have a GREAT TRIP!

Floridasunshine

Everest .... the scariest part is going up.... feels like you are going really high. The Yeti is not scary at all,,,kind of corny actually. The roller coaster goes backwards but it is not too bad. It kind of divides the descent down the mountain into two 'parts' so going down is not very scary at all. I don't think you will have trouble with it.

Dinosaur. Not really scary for an adult at all.... the car bounces and jerks around and goes pretty quick, but no big hills or scary car thing. The scary thing about Dinosaur is the dinosaurs themselves... they are very big and real looking. they kind of 'jump' toward the cars in the dark. It is more scary for small children. In fact my son is 10 and even he was a little spooked, but he loved it. I would not recommend it for small children, people with a bad heart who scare easily, or even bigger kids who are easily scared. But as far as the 'ride' goes, you will have no problem.... no worse than driving on the orlando freeway.

Mission Space... can't comment on it because I have not been on it and never will... I get terrible motion sickness in some rides.

Space Mountain... goes pretty fast, no big hills and no loops. It is dark and the curves are the scariest part. Feels almost like your car will go off into 'space',,, but it is not too bad. My kids 10 & 11 loved it. I did not care for sitting in the front seat though,,,, if I were you, I'd sit in either the 2nd or 3rd seat if you are bothered by coasters. the front seat can see the track, and somethings it is better just not to know.

TimonRulz

Figment111184 said:
Everest...From what I've read its thrilling but not so scary.

Dinosaur- It is listed as a thrill ride but I wasn't sure what that meant. How scary is it and what is the ride exactly.

Space Mountain- Yes its always been at WDW but I never got myself to go on. lol I didn't like not being able to see the tracks. How is it? I know are no upside down turns but how big are the hills and how scary is it.

Everest I haven't been on but I've seen the video and it seems to be exciting, but not bad.

Dinosaur - The "scary" part to me is how the will shut the lights off, then you move on and when the lights come on, a big carnotaur is right next to you. lol

Space Mountain - Very fun. Some decent size hills and drops, but its one of those things you gotta ride once in your life!

Yeah, don't forget to ride Soarin' at Epcot. VERY cool. Not bad at all.

goofyfamily

scary rides?????

Please take this advice I have always thought of myself as afraid of rides. But from experience the only ride I don't like is Mission Space tried it last year and the year before and didnt feal good each time as for the rest have tried everything . Loved Rock N Roller it is now one of my favorites, Space Mountain is not bad at all it is just like Thunder Mountain but inside. Even Tower of Terror was neat I think it is the anticipation of a ride more than the ride so try everything once ... You wont regret it

MissM

I don't like Space Mountain because it jars you around far too much. Hurt my neck horribly. It's very jerky and sudden changes of direction and I for one really didn't enjoy a single moment of it.

*shrugs*
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom