Specific Type: Steel Indoor
Seating: 9 Trains, 2 Cars, 24 Passengers
Length: 2,000 Feet
Duration: 4:30
Area: 75,000 Sq Feet
Designer: Universal Creative
Manufacturer: Intamin
Official Debut: July 8, 2014

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>Do you enjoy this ride?
>How many times have you ridden it?
>If you've never been on, would you ride it for the first time?

OG Runner

I rode this ride for the first time about a week and a half ago. It is a good combination of screens with the physical ride system of a
roller coaster. I found it enjoyable and very well themed. One small thing I found a little "funny", was to get to the ride, you take an
elevator "down", then when you get off you walk up about two flights of stairs to the ride platform.

Fantasmicguy

I gotta say I'm not really a fan. I'm a Huge fan of Harry Potter but I feel this ride just doesn't hit the mark. It was billed as a rollercoaster like the movies made it seem but in the actual ride it was one drop and mostly a 3d motion ride just like most other universal studios rides. I felt the ride had a whole bunch of potential but it missed the mark. Also the queue was better than the ride itself.

I've ridden it about 5 times mainly because we had alot of time to spend at Universal.

If you haven't ridden yet yeah still ride it. You may enjoy more than I did and it's far from unrideable.

Tom Morrow

I've said this many, many times on this forum, but this should have just been a wild, whimsical ride on the Gringotts ride system. Instead we get ushered from scene to scene where we sit and watch action unfold.

It's certainly not a bad ride, and the theming is incredible, but it doesn't quite hit the mark. The worst thing you can do is build up people's expectations by using a premise they are familiar with, in this case, the crazy Gringotts cart system, promise them a wild roller coaster ride on it, and then do a switcharoo to where it just becomes another mechanism to showcase your same old cliches. At the very least it needed better pacing because it never lives up to the thrill of the first few seconds after the tilt track (which is more effective in the back) and it needed at least a few more seconds of proper coaster after the escape from Voldemort. Instead you just round a curve and - it's over. Very anti-climactic.

Imagine the anticipated Mario Kart ride and how disappointing it will be if, instead of just having a fun race, we have to stop the race to save Princess Peach. It's totally something Universal would think is a good idea and I hope they have learned not to. The new Hogsmeade coaster looks promising in this regard.

OG Runner

To deal with the "anti-climatic" complaints, the ride will go do for a short rehab. The seats will now be spring loaded.
As you approach the end of the ride, riders will be shot out of the ride onto the platform. The attendants will now clap
based on the landings. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom