Ride Figurines

wdw1223

Original Poster
Does anybody know how often the little models of the theme park rides come out? What about how long they are available? The last few times I went to WDW I bought every new one I saw but this past time there were hardly any new ones.

phlydude

I don't think they'll be making any more of them (the monorail scale ones). They were just closing them out @ 11.99 each. All the Calif ones were gone a while ago.

AEfx

Darn, that really stinks.

I was excited about starting my collection on my next trip.

I think they are much cooler than pins...

AEfx

phlydude

they are going to continue to sell the monorails but I'm not sure about the rides and buildings that were labeled as monorail accessory buildings. Rumor has it that Spaceship Earth is going to be scaled down a little and re-issued.

PixyDust

Oh - this is BAD

We've been buying a couple of pieces each trip. Hoped to have them all in the next trip or two.

Any ideas of how to get the ones we are missing before we completely miss out?

We need:
Tree of Life
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Switching Station

The only rides we have are the Haunted Mansion and Tea Party. I don't know what other rides they have...

phlydude

PixyDust said:
We've been buying a couple of pieces each trip. Hoped to have them all in the next trip or two.

Any ideas of how to get the ones we are missing before we completely miss out?

We need:
Tree of Life
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Switching Station

The only rides we have are the Haunted Mansion and Tea Party. I don't know what other rides they have...

You could always call general merchandising in Orlando and buy them from them.

The rides were:
Astro Orbiter
Tea Party
Dumbo
Haunted Mansion

California had:
California Screamin' and the Sun Wheel (I think - didn't pay much attention to them) alog with the Golden Gate Bridge for the monorail

wdw1223

Original Poster
I was talking about the attractions collections ones...not the ones that linked to the monorail...I don't have any of those, just the models of the different vehicles for the rides.

OliveMcFly

HTML:
wdw1223 - I was talking about the attractions collections ones...not the ones that linked to the monorail...I don't have any of those, just the models of the different vehicles for the rides.
Are you talking about the diecast ride vehicles? I love those. I have PPF and POTC. Do they make a TTC diecast? Also, the monorail toys are cool. Everything is so real.

Attachments

• mono toys.jpg
    mono toys.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 65

DisneyPhD

Do you mean the die cast ones, (small, look like the ride car with a charter in it.) We have a few of them, we would collect one each trip starting 2001 before DD was born. They normally sell for 6.99 each. They don't have every attraction and mostly only MK ones (a few from AK)

We have

Winne the Pooh,
Buzz light year
Jungle cruise boat
Small world
Dumbo
Peter Pan
Pinnchio (from DL, we got it for 1.99 at the outlet store last trip.)

We wish there was more, we were trying to collect DD favorite atractions. They don't have Tea cups. I belive they also have Pirates, HM, SM, SM and possilby BTM, but DD doesn't like those rides as much. I think they have Dinosour. Hubby is trying to remember if they have one for the Mexico ride and or Norway, but we aren't sure.

She loves playing with them, Peter pan, Buzz light year and Jungle book has broken, but crazy glue has saved them.

It seems every times we start collecting one thing every trip they discontinue them. I see these being around for a while (I hope.) I just wish they had more of them. I have seen them at the online WDW store (mainstreet something) but they charge almost double for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom