RFID Park Entry

Brian

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I seldom post, but after reading up on the MM+ offerings, I can't help but wonder: how do they secure the park with the lack of a physical barrier at the entrances to parks. What I mean is, at night with the turnstiles, they could put them in "closed mode" with the red X, and you couldn't enter. With the RFID system, there's nothing standing in your way. Is there a gate or something after closing?

ratherbeinwdw

Hey everyone, I seldom post, but after reading up on the MM+ offerings, I can't help but wonder: how do they secure the park with the lack of a physical barrier at the entrances to parks. What I mean is, at night with the turnstiles, they could put them in "closed mode" with the red X, and you couldn't enter. With the RFID system, there's nothing standing in your way. Is there a gate or something after closing?
They put up moveable iron railings when we were there in November.

Rob562

All entrances to the parks have some sort of physical gate that can be closed across the entrances, though I think a few were taken out in the changeover and replacements may not have been installed yet.

As Tuvalu said, the barriers at the MK are gates that close off the tunnels under the train tracks. At the other three parks there are gates that can be shut within the entry structures.

Even under the old turnstiles, they weren't much of a barrier to someone hopping over them after-hours. They still needed a physical barrier.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom