Reviews for Animal Kingdom attractions

dementedde

Original Poster
Okay, so we all know what Dinosaur, It's Tough To Be A Bug and all of the other rides/shows are like... But their the most popular so it's expected of us to. But there are a few attractions that goes a miss by some of the guests... Including me. So I've been looking up Animal Kingdom's website to find what else is there apart from the popular/successful ones and would like your help as critics to tell me if their good or bad and why they are;

Wildlife Express Train
TriceraTop Spin
Primeval Whirl
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Discovery Island Trails

You guys would be doing me a massive favour to learn what you think of these ones.

rangerbob

Wildlife Express Train - If you go over early you can catch a wellness checkup of an animal from the zoo there. I've seen them doing one once before and they explain what they are doing and why it was necessary. It was like a surgery but not to that extent. The other portion other than the educational component of the area there is a petting zoo there.

TriceraTop Spin - another dumbo ride except you in a dino.

Primeval Whirl - If you have done a wildmouse coaster at your local county fair, you most likely did this ride, the only difference is there is 2 sides and they are flipped 180 degrees.

The 3 treks and trails there are some really neat animals that you can see and learn about which you may not have seen before.

belledream

Wildlife Express Train - underrated in my opinion. I usually wish I had more time here. The train ride is very relaxing, and there are lots of cool exhibits and the petting zoo once you get there!

TriceraTop Spin - we always skip this as we don't have kids and the only spinner I'm interested in is Dumbo.

Primeval Whirl - I actually find this ride really fun. It's herky-jerky with a few surprising dips that don't look as big as they feel. We always do it once.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - The gorillas are always so much fun. You can get up close and personal with them behind the glass, or see them roaming around and climbing trees.

Maharajah Jungle Trek - AWESOME! The tiger exhibit looks amazing. The whole place is well decorated. I felt like I was in a foreign country.

Discovery Island Trails - We always enjoy spotting new things around the Tree of Life. Never lots of people around either.

bethymouse

We always enjoy the relaxing train ride over to Rafiki's Planet Watch- air conditioned inside w/ neat exhibits.
Triceratop Spin is really for the little ones. My 10 year old boys will still ride it though. We actually love Primeval Whirl- fun! The treks and trails are not to be missed- although most people sadly skip them.:(

melmel89

The pangini Forest Exploration Trail and maharajah Jungle Trek are great especially if your an animal lover. Its amazing to get so close to the gorillas, all the rest i'm not that interested in especially triceratop spin and primeval whirl, they are best for parties with young children.

DisneyJunkie

Wildlife Express Train - - Nothing overly exciting or particularly interesting; just another something to do.
TriceraTop Spin - - If you've done Dumbo or Flying Carpets of Agrabah, you've done this.
Primeval Whirl - - Mostly just "mehhh".
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - - Ok to do once or twice.
Maharajah Jungle Trek - - Ok to do once or twice.
Discovery Island Trails - - Just "mehhh".

MarkTwain

Wildlife Express Train - I would say this one is primarily transportation.

TriceraTop Spin - it's Dumbo, but dumber. Why are Triceratops flying?

Primeval Whirl - fun enough, especially in a park low on rides and without enough "mid-level" thrills, although in the end still just an unthemed coaster. Apathetic as I am toward it, I somehow end up on it on every trip.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - Here is where they get good. All of the trails are great, especially if you like animals. This one is nice for being a very convenient walk at the end of the safari, and a good extension of the safari experience.

Maharajah Jungle Trek - I would elevate this trail in particular to that of any ride, and among the best of Animal Kingdom. The theming and immersion is spectacular; you'll feel like you're IN Asia. To say nothing of the animals, which themselves are great.

Discovery Island Trails - the quietest of the trails; often I don't even see anyone back here. That doesn't mean they're not great though (although they were better before the overhead nets were installed). Few attractions can you associate with pure idyllic beauty and relaxation; but with its birds and waterfalls and Tree of Life sculptures, this might be one of them.

Fox&Hound

Don't even get me started on that train to nowhere. Seriously, no point.

I am ashamed to say I've been to AK and have never done many of the trails. I'm not sure I realized you could see tigers and gorillas. A must for me next time for sure.

And I agree with Mark Twain (that's fun to say)-why are triceratops flying? Wouldn't a flying pterodactyl make more sense? I really hope when Disney/Pixar comes out with the Good Dinosaur that Dinoland gets some TLC in the form of a wrecking ball and a redo.

gooftroop5

I know most say the AK is a half-day or at least not full-day park, but we LOVE this park. For us it is a chance to slow down and take in the sights. Our kids love walking along the trails and looking at the animals. You can really see some amazing things. AK is so large and spread out, but there is so much to explore and discover. With all the shows, rides, characters, and animals we can easily spend an entire day here. AK takes us away from the hustle and bustle of MK or HS. ;) We love the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch too!

I know you did not mention it but we love Flights of Wonder. Some people don't seem to like it but we never miss it. It is entertaining and dare I say...educational:(. I know that is an unpopular thing to actually learn something but we really enjoy it on every trip.

Educational? On a vacation? How dare Disney sneak that in there? :D:D:D Our kids LOVE IT! As a teacher and mother learning without realizing they are learning is the best!

Chef Mickey

Don't even get me started on that train to nowhere. Seriously, no point.

I am ashamed to say I've been to AK and have never done many of the trails. I'm not sure I realized you could see tigers and gorillas. A must for me next time for sure.

And I agree with Mark Twain (that's fun to say)-why are triceratops flying? Wouldn't a flying pterodactyl make more sense? I really hope when Disney/Pixar comes out with the Good Dinosaur that Dinoland gets some TLC in the form of a wrecking ball and a redo.
Dinoland was always a band-aid and it's really too bad. I bet even Disney executives laugh at it because Dinosaurs are so cool and Dinoland is so lame. I do like Dinosaur, however.

"Dinoland" has so much potential if they'd spend the money on doing it in true Disney fashion. It's a great opportunity to target little boys especially.

DVCPluto

We had never done Flights of Wonder until our last trip. We ended up going to a second show (on the same day) since we loved it so much. The two shows were similar, but some of the birds and tricks were different, so it was definitely worth seeing the second show!

If you get there early, they do a preshow outside the amphitheater. My son was able to hand a plastic bottle to a bird who then flew with it and put it in the recycling bin!

AK is full of these little treasures... the trails are awesome and there is a Wilderness Explorers program. Kids get a free book, and when they reach a station, they learn something new and get a sticker. Stations are all over the park, so grab a book when you arrive. :)

The Empress Lilly

Wildlife Express Train
TriceraTop Spin
Primeval Whirl
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Discovery Island Trails
See the last three! To me they are the heart and sould of DAK. They also take just as long or as short as you want.

The train is not just a ride itself (quite bland), but the transport to Rafiki's Planet Watch. A petting zoo and small educational exhibits area, similar to ones found everywhere else, which may or may not entice you to check it out.

The spinner and whirler are garabage, carnival rides.

lighteningqueen

It truly is a great park. We go 2 times to each park and sometimes more.. in a 9 day trip. The Flights is great, the Treks and Jungle and esp the walk around Tree of life you will be in aww of the animals and cannot leave when you see another.. WONDERFUL and at the end of the day the Discovery island has some trainers out there to answer questions tell you secrets. Did you know there are 3-4 Gorillas out there and they get special treats from them and when they put them up they each have a clue that tells them there food is in there building and to be put up for the night. SO relaxing to walk thru there esp in Dec. It is the best park there. Watching the vine lady is the greatest thing to watch her move. Eating a big breakfast an the best breakfast of all the parks in Tusker is a great start to that day. The gift shops have way different things than all the other parks. Just a shame people think its all about one ride

Chef Mickey

Animal Kingdom is not a rider's park. I know people like to call it a "half day park" and leave it at that, but it's so much more if you want it to be. You could spend a half day just exploring the trails and hidden gems.

I should be expanded (which they are doing) and DInoland should be revamped. Other than that, I think it has some of the best themeing and beauty on property.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I love both the trails in Asia and Africa. Next to cheetahs, tigers are my favorite big cats. And I love the bat house. Took the Backstage Safari tour in April and was in hog heaven. The only thing that could have made it better was some baby cheetahs or tigers to hold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom