Reusing a MB and staying offsite?!?

stevehousse

Original Poster
We were going to stay at pop but have decided to maybe stay offsite in a nice rental house down the street from the mouse. We just went to Disney world this past Nov, and got magic bands and such.

If I end up deciding to stay offsite and buy my tickets from undercover tourist, would I be able to link my tickets to my MDE and be able to take advantage of my previously used MB?

Now I don't know I I would be able to book in advance, but has anyone done this before or even attempted to?!?

G8rchamps

We have re-used our bands several times, but have an AP. I know the bands are still good, not sure about new tickets.

Rob562

Yes, the Bands would still work, even with pre-scheduling your FP+. The only thing you wouldn't get would be the extra 10 days longer of a booking window that you get as a resort Guest.

The Band just points to your MDE profile. Buying a new ticket and linking it just adds it to your profile. Thus the ticket points to your profile, the Band points to your profile, the FP+ reservations are stored on your profile and all get inter-connected through the profile.

Bands have an indefinite lifespan for functions where you have to tap the Band to a reader (door locks, park entry, FP+, etc). The only thing that will eventually stop working would be the long-distance functions like the ride pics being automatically added to your account or the interactive/personalization features on attractions. Those will stop working when the internal battery dies, which can last up to 3 years. (Though I've heard the more you're in WDW with a Band with in-park sensors "pinging" the Band will cause the batteries to drain faster)

-Rob

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Yes, the Bands would still work, even with pre-scheduling your FP+. The only thing you wouldn't get would be the extra 10 days longer of a booking window that you get as a resort Guest.

The Band just points to your MDE profile. Buying a new ticket and linking it just adds it to your profile. Thus the ticket points to your profile, the Band points to your profile, the FP+ reservations are stored on your profile and all get inter-connected through the profile.

Bands have an indefinite lifespan for functions where you have to tap the Band to a reader (door locks, park entry, FP+, etc). The only thing that will eventually stop working would be the long-distance functions like the ride pics being automatically added to your account or the interactive/personalization features on attractions. Those will stop working when the internal battery dies, which can last up to 3 years. (Though I've heard the more you're in WDW with a Band with in-park sensors "pinging" the Band will cause the batteries to drain faster)

-Rob

Now I have to ask, how will you know that your battery is dead

Rob562

Now I have to ask, how will you know that your battery is dead

You won't. It wouldn't be until it didn't work in a situation you expected it to that you'd know.

Presumably they'd be able to set up a way to test it at Guest Relations, but I haven't heard or read anything about that.

-Rob

morgan8613

Hi there! So I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

I'm an annual pass holder (as of yesterday!) We plan on staying a night or two in a Disney hotel to get the magic bands.

now when we stay off site in the future can we still use our magic bands to reserve our fast pass + before we arrive at the theme parks? And if so how would you do that on MDE?

Thanks in advance! I'm still trying to figure this all out!

ratherbeinwdw

Hi there! So I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

I'm an annual pass holder (as of yesterday!) We plan on staying a night or two in a Disney hotel to get the magic bands.

now when we stay off site in the future can we still use our magic bands to reserve our fast pass + before we arrive at the theme parks? And if so how would you do that on MDE?

Thanks in advance! I'm still trying to figure this all out!
Yes. You will be able to use your band. I used mine in November, and I can go on MDE and reserve times for up to seven days at a time.

wild01ride

Good info and personal accounts all! Thank for sharing!

I had been wondering about Magic Band re-use.

I'm still waiting to see how to link my Premier Passport to the doggone Magic Band... :confused:

Yes. You will be able to use your band. I used mine in November, and I can go on MDE and reserve times for up to seven days at a time.
I can second this - got a MB for my one night stay before a cruise, then stayed off-site and had no problems with the MB.

I plan on using it at OKW when I go there in May.

Zipadeelady

Here's my question. We went in Dec 2013 now are going for one day this Sept. We aren't buying tickets but are getting tickets through a timeshare presentation (don't judge:)). Will be able to link the tickets that are given to us?

Rob562

Here's my question. We went in Dec 2013 now are going for one day this Sept. We aren't buying tickets but are getting tickets through a timeshare presentation (don't judge:)). Will be able to link the tickets that are given to us?

Presumably, yes. Though obviously not until you have them in-hand.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom