Resume(rez-ooo-may) help/insight.

draybook

Original Poster
Anyone here familiar with a site or program that's really helpful in making a resume shine?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone here familiar with a site or program that's really helpful in making a resume shine?

I imagine there's a number of good sites online. However, I was going to suggest a different approach (but only if your state offers this service). Where I live, there is a state unemployment office, that offers (free) help with resume creation, as well as educational sessions on tips for successful interviews, etc.

Best of luck to you, draybook, in your job search.

draybook

Original Poster
I imagine there's a number of good sites online. However, I was going to suggest a different approach (but only if your state offers this service). Where I live, there is a state unemployment office, that offers (free) help with resume creation, as well as educational sessions on tips for successful interviews, etc.

Best of luck to you, draybook, in your job search.

Thanks! I'm set up in a good job now but there's an opportunity with the Volvo Group that pays about the same but has a ton of OT and therefore a lot more money overall. I thought my resume was pretty decent but folks with lesser qualifications are getting called before me. That's including the fact that they require the Work Keys test with a passing grade of silver and I not only scored gold but I was 3 points away from being a platinum grade.

Ah well, things happen for a reason.

mmnw

Sounds like you more have higher qualifications than what the company is looking for. Right or wrong, they may passing you up based on being over qualified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom