Restricting connections?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is anybody else running into a delay trying to connect to WDWMagic forums? I've noticed over the past two weeks or so, when first starting up or navigating back to the forums from another site, it might take several attempts over several minutes to get the forum pages to open up.

This is the only site I'm having that issue with, and it's happening regardless of method used to get to the site (i.e., direct URL entry, clicks on favorites, and clicking on the "recently viewed" pane in Firefox 81.0.2).

The only thing I can think of is maybe there's a connection or bandwidth restriction that I'm running into as I try to connect...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually, I can frequently get to the main site without delay, but then can't access the forums for several more minutes.

Once I'm connected, if I stay connected/keep a browser window open, I don't have any issues.

But if I close the window and try to reconnect, I have had to wait again.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I had been having the same trouble although the last couple days it hasn't seemed as bad.
My wifi cuts out a lot so initially I thought it was that but then I realized it has to be this website because I could go to any other website and it goes to them smoothly.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Happened at 22:00 EDT this evening. I could get right to the main page, but couldn't get to the forums until 22:05.

nickys

Premium Member
I had problems today at around noon BST. I could load the forum page (website) but couldn’t scroll or open anything. I checked other sites to see if it was a connection issue but seemed to be just here. I could load the News section OK.

Refreshing didn’t work. It took about 5-10 minutes before I could do anything on the forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom