Restaurant Reservations at DL Paris

Married@WDW

Original Poster
I know there are a bunch of people on this list that have gone to DL Paris. I'm hoping someone can help me. We've got everything planned except meals. We have a good idea of where we want to eat, but do I need to call in advance and make restaurant reservations or can I wait until we get there? To be honest, I've had a terrible time calling the resort so far (to the tune of a $75 phone bill!) and they don't respond to their e-mails. I don't want to waste the money if there's no need.

We'll be there mid-week the first week of June, so I don't think it will be that crowded. I'm especially concerned about getting a character meal at Walt's and a dinner reservation after park hours at the Disneyland Hotel.

THANKS!

MarknSue

That week is a school holiday in England as it is the Queen's Jubilee so I imagine the place is going to be full of brits! We tried to go that week end as we get the Monday/Tuesday off but everywhere was fully booked :( If you p.m me details I'll see if I can phone for you.

Married@WDW

Original Poster
I feel so dumb! Ya know, I should have known that! We're going to watch the fireworks over Buckingham Palace that Monday night, then we have to catch the train at 8 a.m. the next morning.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE OFFER TO CALL -- that's too sweet -- but since I now know it will be crazier than I thought, I'll just bite the bullet and try calling in the morning.

Have a great time on your trip too! :D

MarknSue

Originally posted by Married@WDW
I feel so dumb! Ya know, I should have known that! We're going to watch the fireworks over Buckingham Palace that Monday night, then we have to catch the train at 8 a.m. the next morning.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE OFFER TO CALL -- that's too sweet -- but since I now know it will be crazier than I thought, I'll just bite the bullet and try calling in the morning.

Have a great time on your trip too! :D

Wow, you are going to have a great time:sohappy:

Just found this on a DLP site which may help;

By calling (France)160456045 everybody can reserve a table in any of the Disney Restaurants in advance without the hassle of stopping by the restaurant or a reservation desk during the day.
Fans might be interested to learn that a new system has been set up for Restaurant Reservation. As of now all restaurants are connected to one computer system so that your hotel's concierge or the CMs in City Hall can make a reservation directly on the screen and don't have to phone the restaurant anymore which makes the reservation process not only easier but also faster.

Married@WDW

Original Poster
You're an angel! I was just going to start digging for the phone number so I'd have it handy in the morning.

THANK YOU!!!

I'll post a report -- without spoilers -- about The Studios when we get back!

Married@WDW

Original Poster
Thanks Alberrisford! If all goes as planned, it will be one of our best trips ever!

MarknSue -- thanks for all your help and advice! It's gonna make our trip that much better!

In case anyone is interested, I made the call to DL Paris this morning for reservations and here's what I found out:
1) If you're staying on DLP property, the best thing to do is call the concierge desk at your resort before you go. The phone number that goes directly to restaurant reservations couldn't make our reservations until two days before our arrival (I'm pretty sure that's what she said before she transferred me to the hotel, but her english wasn't very good and my French is terrible!), but they transferred me to the hotel concierge who took care of everything. Seems silly to me that the main restaurant reservations had to send me to the hotel, but I got the reservations I wanted -- for the most part -- so I'm happy.
2) Inventions, the character meal at Disneyland Paris Hotel, has a priority for Disneyland Paris Hotel guests. We got the reservation we wanted, but we could get bumped because we're staying at Newport Bay -- Grrrrr!
3) Upgrading to Walt's or any other character meal for breakfast can only be done a week in advance BUT the concierge desk can take all your information ahead of time and add it to an itinerary of future reservations and make the reservation for you on the appropriate date.
4) Annette's Diner does not take reservations. This is the case with several of the restaurants in the Village but I didn't ask which ones. It's first come first serve, so unless someone tells me the place is terrible, we're just going to wait in line after the park closes, which I'm sure will mean an hour or two wait.
5) For any regular restaurant in the park or a hotel, the reservations were very easy to get and I think the concierge said they can be booked 60 days in advance. The only other reservation I made was Hunter's Grill at Sequoia Lodge, but I got exactly what I wanted.

When we get there, I can just check in with the concierge desk and they'll let me know if I got my Inventions reservation and give me the time for my Walt's reservation (I chose which time I wanted, but she said it's always possible they could change seating times or it could fill up before they make the reservation).

Also note that we are not staying in a suite, just a regular room, though we did book it through the Vacation Club.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'll post a report -- without spoilers -- about The Studios when we get back!

Hehe, be sure to INCLUDE spoilers! ;) That's what we are all about on wdwmagic.com! :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know there are a bunch of people on this list that have gone to DL Paris. I'm hoping someone can help me. We've got everything planned except meals.

If you need to do a counter service while you are there, I strongly recommend Fish and Chips at Toad Hall! MMMMMM! :) LOL

Married@WDW

Original Poster
OK! OK! I'll include spoilers -- but I'll give a warning. Ever since I found out the "secret ending" to the movie Sixth Sense before I got to see it, I've hated spoilers, but I'll post 'em if people want 'em!

Married@WDW

Original Poster
Re: Re: Restaurant Reservations at DL Paris

Originally posted by wdwmagic

If you need to do a counter service while you are there, I strongly recommend Fish and Chips at Toad Hall! MMMMMM! :) LOL

Thanks, I'll definitely write that one down as my hubby loves Fish and Chips, but we'll be spending a week in England with my FIL first, so he might be fished out by then!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom