RESORT???

Buck Young

Original Poster
We will be going to WDW 11/30 - 12/6. We are torn between Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs, but my parents want us to consider staying at the Animal Kingdom. I'm not sure we can afford it, but if so, we would like to. My concerns are: the price, the time of year, and the value. Since it will be the winter time, will the winter time affect our experience (such as seeing the animals). Also, if we can scrape up enough money we will probably only be able to afford the base room. Will that affect our experience? Overall, with the time of year and staying in a base room, will that be worth the additional money over Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs. It will be my parents (who are up in age), myself and my fiance, and my 7 year old daughter on the trip. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

tare

Cbr is really nice. The buses aren't so good there. Haven't stayed at Coronado and if you aren't able to stay in the savannah rooms at ak I wouldn't do it.

travelgip

I like the Wilderness Lodge much more than AKL. Of the moderates - I have stayed at CB & did not like it one bit. Port Orleans (Riverside or French Quarter) are much more enjoyable, have better bus service and seem to be just more pleasant!
Enjoy your trip!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I highly recommend NOT staying at CBR.
Stayed there last year and it was least enjoyable resort stay of all the years we've been on property.

If your parents want you to stay at AKL...maybe they can pony up some cash!??? It's always worth asking.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
AKL your experience would not be affected at all. Florida in late Nov/early Dec is still very much fall weather. You may have really cold weather but the animals will still be out as they put food for them in the trees, bushes, etc to get them to come out every day. We go that time every trip in early to mid December and all the animals were always out whether cold or not. Winter actually does not even officially start until late December and even then sometimes there still Is warm weather in Florida much like our weather here in southern Louisiana. You would love AKL if you can afford it. :)

HouCuseChickie

AKL has beautiful holiday décor and I've heard good things from the various people who have booked standard rooms there. Weather can really vary at that time of year, but I wouldn't let that factor into your decision. Ultimately, I'd book AKL if it's in your budget, but would probably go for Coronado Springs if you go for one of the mods you've noted.

Disvillain63

Prefer WL over AKL and love the decorations at WL...CSR over CBR but if you're looking at moderates, the decorations at POFQ are my fav...

TAMarie

AKL is one of my DVC home resorts, and it's absolutely wonderful at the time of year you'll be going! The animals are more active in cooler weather. We've stayed at AKL 4 times so far and saw the most animals on cool mornings when cast members had just put their food out. My favorite resorts decorated for the holidays are AKL and WL, because of the grander of their lobbies and decorations. The same architect designed both resorts. We had our Christmas card pic taken in front of the big tree one year!

Many guests don't need a savannah view room to enjoy staying here, because there are so many places to view the animals. The guides are excellent at helping you locate animals and talking about them, as well as their own lives back in Africa. Many DVC owners don't book savannah view in order to save money. As for value, AKL is a full deluxe resort with comfortable queen or king beds, granite countertops, Jacuzzi tubs, lots of dining options, and plenty of activities and amenities. But it has lower rates than other deluxe hotels.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've stayed at both CBR and CS and both are great resorts. CS had better buses but CBR wasn't that bad. If you are concerned about money you might want to go for your cheaper option, no need to stress out for a higher price when you can have just a good of time for less money.

luv

I think AKL is a much better idea for your parents!!! No doubt there.

If you can't afford the AKL, just stay in different hotels and meet up at the parks. People do this all the time. :)

Maelstrom Troll

Skip the CBR and go POFQ. It's small, quiet, and well decorated. CBR is huge, the buses are tough to come by, and I wasn't a huge fan of the rooms.

copcarguyp71

CSR is an awesome resort and is our favorite mod. Never stayed at CBR so can't speak to that but I will say that for the first time we booked a successive stay at a resort last October for this year at Corronado. We have always bounced around trying different flavors of Deluxe's and Mod's but for the money, amenities and ambiance our dollar goes to CSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom